How Does Water Impact Force Affect Submerged Air-Filled Objects?

In summary, a new member is interested in learning about water compressing air, which involves using water as a lubricant in air compressors to reduce friction and increase efficiency. This process is commonly used in industrial and commercial settings to power machinery and tools, as well as in medical and dental equipment. The benefits of water compressing air include cost savings, reduced energy consumption, and improved air quality. However, there are also potential challenges to consider, such as corrosion and the need for proper maintenance and monitoring. Overall, understanding the principles and applications of water compressing air can greatly benefit industries and individuals looking to optimize their use of compressed air.
Nauticale
How did you find PF?
Through web searches that include water jet velocity and the impact of water on an object.
I am interested in conceptualizing the impact force of water against submerged objects that contain atmospheric air. The scenario is a bit much for me to conceptualize alone, so I joined PF to ask the experts in this community. Thanks!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums! Sounds like an interesting problem. :smile: