How important is my final transcript

In summary: If you are really worried, you could call them and ask, but I don't think it would do you much good.In summary, if you have been a 4.0 student for the past 2-3 years but might graduate with a couple bs on your final transcript maybe even a c, you are at risk of being declined admission. However, if you are getting all As in your current quarter, you are automatically safe. Calling the admissions office and asking about your situation would be "ointless".
Biscuit
I recently was accepted into OSU and am a little concerned because I have been a 4.0 student for the past 2-3 years but might graduate with a couple bs on my final transcript maybe even a c. Are they able to just decline me? If so how much slacking off would I have to do for that to happen. Seniorits is killing me

Physics news on Phys.org
Biscuit said:
Are they able to just decline me? I

Yes.

Biscuit said:
If so how much slacking off would I have to do for that to happen

No way to tell. Well, there is one way to tell, but it's risky. It also is a one-sided test.

Likes Jaeusm and CalcNerd
Vanadium 50 said:
Yes.
No way to tell. Well, there is one way to tell, but it's risky. It also is a one-sided test.
Should I be concerned that my gpa might be less in comparison? Also, would I benefit from calling them and asking this question?

Why not just get off your butt and get good grades?

Likes Vanadium 50
vela said:
Why not just get off your butt and get good grades?
Ya I am from this point on, but I might be finishing the quarter with a couple bs and it's really bothering me. Second semester will be all As though guaranteed.

Biscuit said:
Also, would I benefit from calling them and asking this question?

Hi! I'm calling to find out the exact minimum amount of work I need to do to ensure you don't rescind my admission! Can you tell me that?

Likes CivilSigma, Jaeusm, CalcNerd and 1 other person
Vanadium 50 said:
Hi! I'm calling to find out the exact minimum amount of work I need to do to ensure you don't rescind my admission! Can you tell me that?
Ok obviously I didn't communicate properly and I'll take the blame on that one. The Bs and potential C are stuck, from this point on I will be getting all As. So its more like "Hi! I'm calling to find out if I'm already screwed and should give up on life."

I don't think calling is going to do anything positive. Get the A's.

Vanadium 50 said:
I don't think calling is going to do anything positive. Get the A's.
Ya see that was my plan originally, I'm asking how worried I should be about my situation because as of late I'm freaking out.

Well, if the Bs and C are going to happen anyway (since it sounds like they will), what would be the oint of calling them and asking if it's horrible? You can't fix it.

Dishsoap is right. Calling would be "ointless". :biggrin:

Seriously - what would it do besides draw attention to something that you don't want attention drawn to? It's like saying "don't think of a monkey" - you just did, didn't you?

Likes Delong
Are you talking Ohio State in the US?

Most unis in the US are not going to rescind an admissions offer due to a couple Bs on the final transcript. Once the final date passes to accept an admissions offer (May 1 for most selective US institutions), institutions realize that if they dump you then you are majorly inconvenienced, because you can no longer accept another offer. Usually, getting an admissions offer rescinded after May 1 and after you have accepted requires:
1. Not graduating from high school. Admissions offers are usually explicitly dependent on this. Documenting that you graduated is why they want and need that final transcript.
2. Being convicted of a disqualifying crime.
3. Violating their policy on telling the truth on your application: they think you defrauded them on the application or elsewhere in the process.

There may be other things, but they tend to be more serious than a couple of Bs.

Related to How important is my final transcript

1. How does my final transcript impact my future?

Your final transcript is a record of your academic performance throughout your high school or college career. It is often used by colleges and employers as an indicator of your academic abilities and potential. Your final transcript can impact your chances of getting accepted into a college or obtaining a job, as it provides insight into your work ethic, dedication, and academic strengths.

2. What role does my final transcript play in college admissions?

College admissions committees often consider a student's final transcript as part of the application process. They look at the courses you have taken, your grades, and any extracurricular activities you have participated in to determine if you are a good fit for their institution. A strong final transcript can help you stand out among other applicants and increase your chances of being accepted.

3. Will my final transcript affect my GPA?

Yes, your final transcript will impact your overall GPA. Your GPA is a measure of your academic performance and is calculated based on the grades you receive in each course. Your final transcript will include your grades from all of your courses, so if you perform well, it can positively impact your GPA. On the other hand, if your grades are lower, it can bring down your GPA.

4. Can a bad final transcript ruin my chances of getting into college?

A bad final transcript does not necessarily ruin your chances of getting into college. Some colleges may consider other aspects of your application, such as your personal statement or letters of recommendation, in addition to your final transcript. However, a poor final transcript may limit your options and make it more challenging to get accepted into certain colleges. It is essential to strive for academic excellence throughout your high school or college career to keep your options open.

5. How important is my final transcript for future job opportunities?

Your final transcript may be a factor in future job opportunities, especially for entry-level positions. Employers may use your transcript as a way to assess your academic abilities and determine if you have the necessary skills for the job. However, many employers also consider other factors, such as your work experience and interview performance, when making hiring decisions. Your final transcript is just one aspect of your overall qualifications for a job.