How to calculate percentage lease rent for a store with varying monthly sales?

In summary, the total rent for the first three months would be \$319.25, calculated by finding 2.5% of the total gross sales of \$12,740 and adding the results.
lindakw
A store Has a percentage lease at a rate of 2.5 percent of gross monthly sales. First -quarter sales were 3,500 for JAn. , 4,250 for Feb , and 5,990 for March. What was the total rent for the first three months?

A:\$276.50
B:\$319.25
C:\$343.50
D:\$424.25I will take any help I can even if you could explain the problem without giving me the answer.
I'm practicing for the asvab test and the book really don't explain every question they give.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
lindakw said:
A store Has a percentage lease at a rate of 2.5 percent of gross monthly sales. First -quarter sales were 3,500 for JAn. , 4,250 for Feb , and 5,990 for March. What was the total rent for the first three months?

A:\$276.50
B:\$319.25
C:\$343.50
D:\$424.25I will take any help I can even if you could explain the problem without giving me the answer.
I'm practicing for the asvab test and the book really don't explain every question they give.

They are asking for 2.5% of the total of the gross sales for those three months.

CB

If gross sales for each month was \$3,500, \$4,250, and \$5,990 what was the total gross sales? What is 2.5% of that?

Or, you could do it the other way- find 2.5% of each of those and then add but that requires a few more calculations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to How to calculate percentage lease rent for a store with varying monthly sales?

1. What is the purpose of the Business Math ASVAB test?

The Business Math ASVAB test is designed to assess an individual's understanding and application of mathematical concepts relevant to business and finance. It is an important component of the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) used by the military to determine an individual's eligibility for various job roles.

2. What topics are covered in the Business Math ASVAB test?

The Business Math ASVAB test covers a range of topics including basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and finance. Some specific concepts that may be included are percentages, interest rates, ratios, and financial statements.

3. How is the Business Math ASVAB test scored?

The Business Math ASVAB test is scored on a scale of 0-100, with a score of 50 being the average. This score is then used to determine an individual's aptitude for different job roles within the military. A higher score indicates a stronger understanding of business math concepts.

4. Is the Business Math ASVAB test difficult?

The difficulty of the Business Math ASVAB test may vary for each individual depending on their level of mathematical knowledge and experience. However, with proper preparation and practice, it is possible to achieve a high score on the test.

5. How can I prepare for the Business Math ASVAB test?

There are several ways to prepare for the Business Math ASVAB test, including studying relevant math concepts, taking practice tests, and seeking guidance from a tutor or study group. It is also important to manage time effectively during the test and carefully read and understand each question before answering.

Back