How to write appropriate ide opl code (using cplex) for this algorithm

In summary: Set the initial solutions (routes)declare the variables for the initial solution;//2. Calculate the objective function of this initial solution minimize Objective_Function: sum of all cost variables;//3. Create a tabu list // create a tabu list array to store the route solutions that are already explored and not allowed to be explored againint Tabu_List[]; //4. Find the best neighbor solution// loop through all the possible neighbor solutions and find the best one forall (route in Neighbor_Solution) { // 5. Check the tabu list to see if the neighbor solution is tabu or not if (route not in Tabu_
kutikz
im a new user of cplex and now I am having difficulty to transform this algorithm into cplex code.
im using ilog cplex optimization studio12.2.

my problem is i have several customers, several periods, one depot and i want to distribute some amount of goods to the customer using several routes. after i got the initial solution (initial route) then i want to improve my solutions by using tabu search, and what I've got from the journals is this algorithm, and I am a bit confused about how to implement this algorithm into the proper code. please help me at least how to transform it generally into the cplex code.
thanks a lot

Attachments

• improvement algorithm.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 424
Physics news on Phys.org
Algorithm:1. Set the initial solutions (routes) 2. Calculate the objective function of this initial solution3. Create a tabu list 4. Find the best neighbor solution5. Check the tabu list to see if the neighbor solution is tabu or not6. If the neighbor solution is not tabu and its objective function is smaller than the current one, replace the current solution with the neighbor solution. 7. Update the tabu list 8. Repeat step 4 to 7 until the termination condition is met //transformation of algorithm into cplex code://1. Set the initial solutions (routes)declare the variables for the initial solution;//2. Calculate the objective function of this initial solution minimize Objective_Function: sum of all cost variables;//3. Create a tabu list // create a tabu list array to store the route solutions that are already explored and not allowed to be explored againint Tabu_List[]; //4. Find the best neighbor solution// loop through all the possible neighbor solutions and find the best one forall (route in Neighbor_Solution) { // 5. Check the tabu list to see if the neighbor solution is tabu or not if (route not in Tabu_List) then { // 6. If the neighbor solution is not tabu and its objective function is smaller than the current one, replace the current solution with the neighbor solution. if (Objective_Function > Neighbor_Solution_Objective_Function) then { replace the current solution with the neighbor solution; } // 7. Update the tabu list add the neighbor solution to the tabu list; }}// 8. Repeat step 4 to 7 until the termination condition is met while (not termination_condition) { repeat steps 4 to 7;}

Related to How to write appropriate ide opl code (using cplex) for this algorithm

1. What is CPLEX and how is it used in writing ide opl code?

CPLEX is a mathematical optimization software that is commonly used to solve complex problems in various fields such as finance, logistics, and engineering. In writing ide opl code, CPLEX is used as a solver to find the optimal solution for the given algorithm.

2. What are the key components of writing appropriate ide opl code?

The key components of writing appropriate ide opl code include understanding the problem, formulating the mathematical model, implementing the model in OPL, setting up parameters and constraints, and running the solver to obtain the optimal solution.

3. How do I ensure the efficiency of my ide opl code?

To ensure efficiency, it is important to carefully design the mathematical model and choose appropriate data structures in OPL. It is also recommended to use efficient algorithms and techniques when setting up parameters and constraints. Regularly testing and debugging the code can also help improve its efficiency.

4. Can I use CPLEX for any type of algorithm?

Yes, CPLEX can be used for various types of algorithms as long as they can be formulated as mathematical models. CPLEX is particularly useful for solving optimization problems, but it can also be used for other types of algorithms such as simulation and machine learning.

5. Are there any resources available to help me learn how to write ide opl code using CPLEX?

Yes, there are many resources available online, such as tutorials, documentation, and forums, to help you learn how to write ide opl code using CPLEX. You can also refer to books and attend workshops or training courses to enhance your understanding and skills in using CPLEX for writing ide opl code.