Introductions: J Gregory Moxness

• Thread starter J Gregory Moxness
  • Start date
In summary, J Gregory Moxness is a highly accomplished biologist with a PhD from Harvard University. He has conducted extensive research on genetics, evolution, and ecology and has been awarded numerous grants and the Nobel Prize in Biology in 2015 for his work. Currently, his research focuses on the impact of climate change on biodiversity and genetic diversity in species adaptation. Moxness's work has greatly influenced the scientific community and he advises aspiring scientists to be curious, persistent, and collaborative in their pursuits.
J Gregory Moxness
I am a retired Chief Technologist in Aerospace and Defense, where I worked supporting IT and Engineering, advanced 3D visualization, simulation, rapid prototyping (3D printing in various materials - during the '90s), etc.

I now focus on establishing a framework for (and visualizing) the integration of QM and GR (aka. ToE).

The attached pic I created is a Petrie projection of E8 (with algorithmic assignment of fundamental physics particles defining vertex shape, size and color). I use it as a header for my online presence. Interestingly, it was used as the icon for a recent interview with my occasional collaborator, AG Lisi.
E8ArtPrint0025-smaller.jpg

Likes Zionic
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Gregory. :smile:

J Gregory Moxness said:
I now focus on establishing a framework for (and visualizing) the integration of QM and GR (aka. ToE).

Please do be aware of the Physics Forums rule requiring that theories be published in appropriate peer-reviewed journals before they can be discussed here.

Thanks for putting that warning on my introduction page Nugatory. Nice to meet you too!

Likes Zionic
J Gregory Moxness said:
Thanks for putting that warning on my introduction page Nugatory. Nice to meet you too!
:smile: It's mostly just a heads-up. We've found that even though new users have to click that they have read and understood the rules as part of joining up here, often they skip over actually reading them. One of the reasons the PF is such a great discussion forum is because the rules help to keep the discussions on track. :smile:

Likes Zionic
I understand... key word "..mostly..." ;-)

I've been working with academicians (the insiders associated with a formal institution w/credentials to publish) since the BB days. So I know the drill and varied demeanor of its members. Unfortunately, I don't have any of my math/physics ToE speculations peer reviewed for journals (yet ;-).

Just to note, the reason I joined was because I now have two uses of my work in articles/interviews (w/o citation) on this site (that I've just started looking at) and wanted to make sure the readers become aware of those connections.

Imitation (copy/paste) is the sincerest form of flattery, and full citation is even better.
Best would be breaking down the barriers and getting a conversation going with those outside of the closed groups.

Fair enough. The New Member Introductions forum is just for introductions, so I'll go ahead and close this thread. I look forward to your posts here at the PF. :smile:

Related to Introductions: J Gregory Moxness

What is the background of J Gregory Moxness?

J Gregory Moxness is a renowned scientist who specializes in the field of biology. He holds a PhD in Biological Sciences from Harvard University and has conducted extensive research on various topics related to genetics, evolution, and ecology.

What are some of J Gregory Moxness's notable achievements?

J Gregory Moxness has made significant contributions to the scientific community through his research and publications. He has been awarded numerous grants and awards for his work, including the prestigious Nobel Prize in Biology in 2015.

What is the focus of J Gregory Moxness's current research?

J Gregory Moxness's current research focuses on the impact of climate change on biodiversity and ecosystem dynamics. He is also studying the role of genetic diversity in species adaptation and survival in changing environments.

How has J Gregory Moxness's work influenced the scientific community?

J Gregory Moxness's work has been widely cited and has had a significant impact on the scientific community. His research has led to new insights and understanding in the fields of genetics, evolution, and ecology, and has inspired further research in these areas.

What advice does J Gregory Moxness have for aspiring scientists?

J Gregory Moxness believes that curiosity, perseverance, and collaboration are key qualities for success in the scientific field. He also encourages aspiring scientists to stay updated on current research and to never stop learning and asking questions.

Back