Is an Online Masters in Automation and Control Engineering Right for You?

• Thread starter jenwaf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    School
In summary, when choosing an online school, it is important to consider factors such as accreditation, curriculum and instruction quality, cost and financial aid options, program flexibility, and student support services. To determine if an online school is accredited, you can visit the website of the accrediting agency or contact the school directly. Online degrees are recognized by employers as long as the school is accredited, and they may even be valued for demonstrating skills such as time management and technology use. To ensure the quality of instruction, you can research the qualifications and experience of the instructors, read reviews, and inquire about teaching methods and support services. It is possible to transfer credits from an online school to a traditional university, but it is important to check with the specific university
jenwaf
Please pals can anyone help me with an online school where I can do Masters in automation and control engineering. Particularly in Norway or Australia.

Physics news on Phys.org
Open universities Australia: http://www.open.edu.au/search-results?q=engineering#resultType=COURSE&levelOfStudy=POSTGRADUATE

In general though, a online degree isn't going to be viewed as favourably as a campus based degree, just for practical reasons, so be wary.

Related to Is an Online Masters in Automation and Control Engineering Right for You?

1. What factors should I consider when choosing an online school?

When choosing an online school, you should consider the accreditation of the school, the quality of the curriculum and instruction, the cost and financial aid options, the flexibility of the program, and the support services provided to students.

2. How do I know if an online school is accredited?

You can check the accreditation status of an online school by visiting the website of the accrediting agency, such as the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or the U.S. Department of Education. You can also contact the school directly to ask about their accreditation status.

3. Are online degrees recognized by employers?

Yes, as long as the online school is accredited, the degree is recognized by employers. In fact, many employers now value online degrees as they demonstrate the ability to balance work and studies, as well as the use of technology and self-motivation.

4. How can I ensure the quality of instruction in an online school?

You can research the qualifications and experience of the instructors, read reviews from current and former students, and look for any awards or recognition the school or instructors have received. You can also contact the school to inquire about their teaching methods and student support services.

5. Can I transfer credits from an online school to a traditional university?

Yes, many online schools have partnerships with traditional universities and offer transferable credits. However, it is important to check with the specific university you plan to transfer to and make sure they accept credits from the online school you are considering.