Is intelligence determined by popular vote?

• Thread starter s13ep
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation touched on the topic of intelligence and how it cannot be determined by votes. The original poster emphasized that intelligence is an adaptation of the mind, not a popularity contest. Some members of the conversation disagreed and voted that the original poster was not intelligent. The discussion also delved into the idea of being omniscient and how it relates to intelligence. The conversation ended with the original poster suggesting that the others were reducing the conversation to their own emotions and that they may resort to seeking moderation to support their views.
s13ep
If people are who claim you're intelligent, then people need to be questioned (each and every one). They need to answer why you're intelligent, substantially.

Intelligence is not a vote, intelligence is an adaptation of the mind.

"What?" or a show of misconception is not substantial proof that one is intelligent or one has the intelligent view in a debate or discussion.

Physics news on Phys.org
s13ep said:
If people are who claim you're intelligent, then people need to be questioned (each and every one). They need to answer why you're intelligent, substantially.

"What?" or a show of misconception is not substantial proof that one is intelligent or one has the intelligent view in a debate or discussion.
Your statements are a bit garbled. What is the point of your post? Do you have a question?

This is the general discussion board.

'Something' was posted.

You dismissed the whole of that 'something', and have produced an off-topic comment. It's your post that's garbled.

I vote that the OP is not intelligent.

Likes Rubidium_71 and russ_watters
micromass said:
I vote that the OP is not intelligent.
Why is that?

My mind has adapted to the world; I, personally, live quite fortunately.

s13ep said:
Why is that?

Because I voted so. You want to characterize intelligence by votes, so the very action of my vote means you're not intelligent. If you want a reason, then you admit it's not the vote that makes somebody intelligent.

I, personally, live quite fortunately.

Cool. I'm happy for you.

Likes mheslep
micromass said:
Because I voted so. You want to characterize intelligence by votes, so the very action of my vote means you're not intelligent. If you want a reason, then you admit it's not the vote that makes somebody intelligent.
Cool. I'm happy for you.
You misunderstood or didn't read the original post, or you're trolling me with a pseudo-sense of a greater intelligence.

s13ep said:
You misunderstood or didn't read the original post, or you're trolling me with a pseudo-sense of a greater intelligence.

If your original post is so incredibly vague, then it's not our fault for not understanding you! It's yours. My vote stands.

micromass said:
If your original post is so incredibly vague, then it's not our fault for not understanding you! It's yours. My vote stands.
Nope, just your understanding of it.

Soon you will form a group of people who misunderstand and attempt to destroy the thread.

s13ep said:
Nope, just your understanding of it.

Soon you will form a group of people who misunderstand and attempt to destroy the thread.

Trust me, destroying this thread would be the merciful thing to do!

micromass said:
Trust me, destroying this thread would be the merciful thing to do!
Because?

Because you've provided a non-argument, non-discussion and are reducing it all to your primitive self, your wants and emotions.

s13ep said:
Because?

Because you've provided a non-argument, non-discussion and are reducing it all to your primitive self, your wants and emotions.

That's the entire point isn't it? You want intelligence to be voted on. But the people who vote will be lesser minds such as me. Isn't that a problem?

s13ep said:

My mind has adapted to thinking your posts make no sense.

Cruz Martinez said:
My mind has adapted to thinking your posts make no sense.
No, your mind has not adapted.

s13ep said:

His mind can't adapt?

s13ep said:

Is being omniscient a part of having an adapted mind?

micromass said:
His mind can't adapt?
No, it didn't adapt, he was just joking.

Is being omniscient a part of having an adapted mind?
No.

s13ep said:
No, It didn't adapt, he was just joking.

He's joking when he said you made no sense, because I hardly think it was a joke... So how come he thinks it makes no sense?

s13ep said:
No.

So you admit you're not omniscient?

You guys make no sense.

The intelligent thing to do is leave you alone and fix your mistakes from the outside.

An old quote from me: "This wisdom will echo throughout the world, and the only force to stop it is your own."

You are not wise, unfortunately.

s13ep said:
No, it didn't adapt, he was just joking.No.
Why do you think I was joking?

Cruz Martinez said:

Because he's omniscient!

Cruz Martinez said:
I'm smart like that.

Same reason as you think I'm unintelligent.

s13ep said:
You guys make no sense.

You're reducing our carefully crafted arguments to your primitive self, your wants and emotions.

s13ep said:
I'm smart like that.

How can you tell you're smart when we just voted you to be not intelligent!

micromass said:
You're reducing our carefully crafted arguments to your primitive self, your wants and emotions.
This is the epitome of your intelligence, seriously.

Next you cry at moderation to abuse their power in your favour, which they will do happily, probably with some wit involved.

micromass said:
How can you tell you're smart when we just voted you to be not intelligent!
You are the one who is dependant on the vote for your feeling of intelligence, not me.

s13ep said:
This is the epitome of your intelligence, seriously.

Next you cry at moderation to abuse their power in your favour, which they will do happily, probably with some wit involved.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the word epitome.

s13ep said:
I'm smart like that.

Same reason as you think I'm unintelligent.
Oh yes, you most definitely are as smart as something.

s13ep said:
You are the one who is dependant on the vote for your intelligence, not me.

How do you vote on my intelligence?

Cruz Martinez said:
Oh yes, you most definitely are as smart as something.
I'm more witty, as well.

micromass said:
How do you vote on my intelligence?
I don't.

s13ep said:
I'm more witty, as well.

Right. We can see this entire thread as a testament to your infamous wit!

s13ep said:
I don't.

I vote I'm intelligent. So I have 1 vote that I'm intelligent, you have one vote you're not intelligent. Me win!

Likes mheslep and russ_watters
micromass said:
Right. We can see this entire thread as a testament to your infamous wit!
There you go reducing the thread to a single perspective.

It's like saying "no-one understands you", it's truthfully 'the majority' and not 'no-one', but you are frustrated to become secure in your falsity.