Is the following sum a part of any known generalized function?

tworitdash
I have a sum that looks like the following:

## \sum_{k = 0}^{\infty} \left( \frac{A}{A + k} \right)^{\eta} \frac{z^k}{k!} ##

Here, [itex]A[/itex] is positive real.

If [itex]\eta[/itex] is an integer, this can be written as:

## \sum_{k = 0}^{\infty} \left( \frac{A(A +1)(A+2) \cdots (A + k - 1)}{(A + 1)(A+2)(A+3) \cdots (A + k)} \right)^{\eta} \frac{z^k}{k!} ##

This is known to be a generalized hypergeometric function with [itex]\eta[/itex] number of argument of type 1 and type 2 as well.

## \sum_{k = 0}^{\infty} \left( \frac{A(A +1)(A+2) \cdots (A + k - 1)}{(A + 1)(A+2)(A+3) \cdots (A + k)} \right)^{\eta} \frac{z^k}{k!} = _{\eta}F_{\eta} \left( A, A, A, ..., A; A+1, A+1, A+1, ... , A+1; z \right) ##

However, this is possible because [itex]\eta[/itex] is an integer. Can I approximate it to a nice form when it is not an integer? Or, can we determine where this infinite sum converges with some techniques?

Physics news on Phys.org
The radius of convergence is given by [tex]
\lim_{k \to \infty} \left| \frac{\left(\frac{A}{A + k}\right)^\eta\frac{1}{k!}}{\left(\frac{A}{A + k + 1}\right)^\eta\frac{1}{(k+1)!}} \right| = \lim_{k \to \infty} \left|\left(1 + \frac{1}{A + k}\right)^{\eta}(k+1)\right| = \infty.[/tex]

Likes e_jane and tworitdash
pasmith said:
The radius of convergence is given by [tex] \lim_{k \to \infty} \left| \frac{\left(\frac{A}{A + k}\right)^\eta\frac{1}{k!}}{\left(\frac{A}{A + k + 1}\right)^\eta\frac{1}{(k+1)!}} \right| = \lim_{k \to \infty} \left|\left(1 + \frac{1}{A + k}\right)^{\eta}(k+1)\right| = \infty.[/tex]
So, it is an absolutely converging function. That I get it as well. Is there a possibility to get an asymptotic value of this sum for non-integer [itex] \eta [/itex], as a function of [itex] \eta [/itex], and [itex] A [/itex]?