Laplace or Fourier Transform to solve a system of partial differential equations in thermoelasticity

In summary, the speaker has a system of partial differential equations in thermo-elasticity that they can solve using normal mode analysis, but they need to try solving it using Laplace or Fourier transforms. They also mention difficulties with finding the inverse of these transforms and writing the system on Matlab.
mohammed El-Kady
I've a system of partial diff. eqs. in thermo-elasticity, I can solve it using normal mode analysis method but I need to solve it using laplace or Fourier
Untitled.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,091
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to try something to see if you are on the right track. We can't just give you the solution.

What do you know about Fourier or Laplace transforms?

Sorry I was busy a bit
I put my solution i don't its true or false .. i used the laplace trans. then Fourier tran.
sorry for the line sorry for the camera
if the solution is true I've 2 problems
1- I cannot find the inverse of laplace and fourier
2- I cannot write this system on the matlab
so sorry again

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 480
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 422
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 620
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 450

Related to Laplace or Fourier Transform to solve a system of partial differential equations in thermoelasticity

1. What is the Laplace or Fourier Transform method used for in thermoelasticity?

The Laplace or Fourier Transform method is used to solve systems of partial differential equations in thermoelasticity. It is a mathematical technique that transforms a function from the time or spatial domain to the frequency domain, making it easier to solve complex equations.

2. How does the Laplace or Fourier Transform method work?

The Laplace or Fourier Transform method involves converting a function into a series of sinusoidal functions with different frequencies. This transformation simplifies the equations and allows for easier manipulation and solution.

3. What are the advantages of using the Laplace or Fourier Transform method in thermoelasticity?

One of the main advantages of using the Laplace or Fourier Transform method is its ability to solve complex systems of partial differential equations. It also allows for the separation of variables, making the equations easier to solve. Additionally, it provides a more intuitive understanding of the behavior of the system in the frequency domain.

4. Are there any limitations to using the Laplace or Fourier Transform method?

While the Laplace or Fourier Transform method is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. It may not work for all types of systems or equations, and it can be computationally intensive for large and complex systems. It also requires a good understanding of the underlying mathematics to apply it effectively.

5. Are there any alternatives to using the Laplace or Fourier Transform method in thermoelasticity?

Yes, there are other methods that can be used to solve systems of partial differential equations in thermoelasticity, such as the finite difference method or the finite element method. These methods may be more suitable for certain types of systems or equations, and it is important to choose the method that best fits the problem at hand.