Learning VisEd for MCNP

steph_ws23
TL;DR Summary
modify the charge file directly in Vised
I'm beginning in Vised for MCNP6 and i want to modify my imput file inside vised to understand how when i changed cards this affects the simulation. The problem is that i can't save inside vised my imput file, i have to open my imput file in an editor text an then reopen this file in vised.
Thanks in advance
NB: my screen shot show where i want to modify my imput and then start a new simulation
Capture d’écran (55).png

Related to Learning VisEd for MCNP

What is Vised for MCNP?

Vised for MCNP is a visual editor designed to help users create and edit input files for the Monte Carlo N-Particle (MCNP) code. MCNP is a general-purpose Monte Carlo radiation-transport simulation code developed by Los Alamos National Laboratory. Vised simplifies the process of defining geometrical and material properties of the simulation setup.

How do I install Vised for MCNP?

To install Vised for MCNP, you typically need to obtain it from the same source as your MCNP software, as it often comes bundled with it. Installation instructions vary depending on the version and your operating system, but generally, you need to extract the files to your MCNP directory and follow specific setup instructions provided in the documentation.

What file formats does Vised for MCNP support?

Vised for MCNP primarily works with the standard MCNP input file formats, which are plain text files typically having extensions like .i or .inp. It allows users to edit these files directly in a more user-friendly graphical interface, providing tools for visualizing and modifying the simulation geometry and materials.

Can Vised for MCNP simulate the radiation transport itself?

No, Vised for MCNP does not perform radiation transport simulations. It is solely a visual editor used for preparing and editing the input files. The actual simulations are run using the MCNP code, which processes the input files created or modified by Vised.

Are there any tutorials available for learning how to use Vised for MCNP?

Yes, there are tutorials available for Vised for MCNP. These can often be found in the documentation provided with the software package, or on the official Los Alamos National Laboratory website. Additionally, many universities and research institutions that use MCNP offer training courses and materials that include instructions on using Vised.