Link died message in gaussian03

• Thread starter ydurust
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Link
In summary, the conversation discusses a potential error message in a Gaussian calculation involving an organic molecule with an iodine atom. The speaker suggests seeking help from Gaussian's professional email support or researching the error online. They also mention the importance of providing the entire input file and error message when seeking assistance.
ydurust
Hi,
Did anybody see that message "LINK DIED" in Gaussian calculation when there exists iodine
atom in organic molecule.
I would very appreciate if someone comments on this.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I highly doubt this error has do to with iodine or the molecule. Gaussian has excellent professional email help, but usually the best thing to do is to google the error and try to figure it out that way. If that doesn't work, post the entire input file and the full error message here.

Have you successfully run with that input and submission method already, or is this your literal first time trying to do a calculation?

Related to Link died message in gaussian03

1. What does the "Link died" message mean in Gaussian03?

The "Link died" message in Gaussian03 indicates that the connection between the client and server has been lost, causing the calculation to terminate prematurely.

2. How can I fix the "Link died" issue in Gaussian03?

To fix the "Link died" issue, you can try restarting the calculation from the beginning, making sure that the connection between client and server is stable.

3. Will the "Link died" message affect the accuracy of my Gaussian03 calculation?

Yes, the "Link died" message can affect the accuracy of your Gaussian03 calculation as it interrupts the normal calculation process and may cause data loss.

4. What are some common causes for the "Link died" message in Gaussian03?

Some common causes for the "Link died" message in Gaussian03 include unstable network connections, server or client crashes, and memory or disk space issues.

5. Is there a way to prevent the "Link died" message from occurring in Gaussian03?

While it is not possible to completely prevent the "Link died" message in Gaussian03, you can minimize the chances of it occurring by ensuring stable network connections, regularly monitoring disk and memory usage, and using stable and updated versions of Gaussian03.