Load Spectrum and excited frequency

In summary, the conversation discusses a spectrum graph of a signal force and whether it is capable of exciting the natural frequency of a structure in the range of 5-30Hz. The force amplitude in this range is compared to the peak of 3298.7N and it is determined that the force would not be strong enough to excite the natural frequency. The concept of resonance and its impact on forced vibrations is also mentioned.
Gp7417
Hi all!
I have the following spectrum for a signal force:

1.jpg

and this is a zoom in the range of interest:

2.jpg

Can I state that this force is capable of exciting the natural frequency of the structure ( in the range 5-30Hz) or the force amplitude in this range is too low compared to the peak (3298.7N)?

Engineering news on Phys.org
What is being graphed force and time? A force can excite an objects natural freq if it acts close to that freq as for how much depends on your transfer function, as a forced vibration approaches a natural freq there will be resonance and it will blow up

Oh i see the graph better now, no this force would not excite a building's natural freq of 5-30 hz

You can see even at 5hz you don't even have half a Newton so that's about 5 lbs pushing that building compared to like 30000 lbs i would assume that to be negligible unless its a particularly shakey building

Edit: Whoops i think you didn't mean a building but same thing

Related to Load Spectrum and excited frequency

1. What is a load spectrum?

A load spectrum is a graphical representation of the varying load levels that a structure or material experiences over time. It typically plots the load amplitude against the corresponding frequency.

2. Why is load spectrum important in engineering?

Load spectrum is important because it allows engineers to accurately predict and analyze how a structure or material will respond to different load levels and frequencies. This information is crucial in designing safe and efficient structures.

3. How is load spectrum determined?

Load spectrum is determined through a combination of experimental data and mathematical calculations. The load levels and frequencies are measured or estimated based on the specific application and environment, and then plotted on a graph to create a load spectrum.

4. What is excited frequency in relation to load spectrum?

Excited frequency refers to the frequency at which a structure or material is most susceptible to failure or damage due to the applied load. It is an important factor to consider when analyzing load spectrum and designing structures to ensure they can withstand the expected loads at the excited frequency.

5. How can load spectrum analysis be used in real-world applications?

Load spectrum analysis is commonly used in the design and testing of various structures and materials, such as buildings, bridges, aircraft, and vehicles. It is also used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and civil engineering to ensure the safety and reliability of products and structures.