Magnetic Circuit Homework: Get Help with Unseen Questions

In summary, the conversation discusses a difficult question on magnetic force of attraction that the lecturer may have included on the exam. The formula for magnetic force is provided and the person asks for others' opinions on how to approach the question. The formula is not found or taught in class, leading to speculation about its purpose on the exam. The person also requests for answers to be written in large font for easier reading.
keongie

Homework Statement

Refer attachment q.

Homework Equations

Refer attachment f.

The Attempt at a Solution

Refer attachment t.

Please help, this lecturer likes to give questions that are not taught during exams.

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 513
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 477
  • t.jpg
    t.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Alright, done research online, found the formula of magnetic force of attraction. F = (Bg^2)*Ag/(2*permeability of air). I guess it is the missing piece of the puzzle and the rest of the question should unravel themselves.

Any other opinion or idea? Please do not hesitate to reply.

100% sure that the formula is not found nor taught in class. It is either a killer question to fit the bell curve or whateva it is. My deepest appreciation and gratitude to those who have viewed and tried helping, thanks a million.

I would like to check your answers but am unable to read your scanned sheets 2 and 3.

Maybe you could just write down your answers on a separate sheet in LARGE ALPHANUMERICS, then I'll tell you if I got the same answers.

Your formula for force is correct, derived simply from the principle of virtual work (incremental change in energy in the magnetic fields in the three air gaps = force* incremental distance).

Related to Magnetic Circuit Homework: Get Help with Unseen Questions

1. What is a magnetic circuit and why is it important?

A magnetic circuit is a closed path that allows magnetic flux to flow through it. It is important because it is used to study and analyze the behavior of magnetic fields, which has numerous practical applications in industries such as electronics, power generation, and transportation.

2. How do I solve unseen questions on magnetic circuits?

To solve unseen questions on magnetic circuits, you can follow these steps:

1. Identify the given parameters, such as magnetic flux, permeability, and number of turns in the circuit.
  2. Apply relevant formulas, such as Ampere's law or Faraday's law, to calculate the unknown quantities.
  3. Draw a diagram of the magnetic circuit to visualize the flow of magnetic flux.
  4. Use Kirchhoff's laws to analyze the circuit and solve for any unknown currents or voltages.

3. How can I get help with my magnetic circuit homework?

You can get help with your magnetic circuit homework by seeking assistance from your teacher or classmates, joining a study group, or hiring a tutor. You can also find online resources, such as tutorials and practice problems, to help you understand the concepts better.

4. What are some common challenges students face when studying magnetic circuits?

Some common challenges students face when studying magnetic circuits include understanding the relationship between magnetic flux and current, applying the relevant formulas correctly, and visualizing the flow of magnetic flux in complex circuits. They may also struggle with solving problems involving multiple interconnected circuits.

5. How can understanding magnetic circuits benefit me as a scientist?

Understanding magnetic circuits can benefit you as a scientist in several ways. It can help you design and analyze electromechanical devices, such as motors and generators, and understand the behavior of magnetic fields in materials. It can also aid in your understanding of electromagnetic waves and their applications, and provide a foundation for further studies in fields such as electrical engineering and materials science.