MathJax (LaTeX) upgraded to 2.0

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex Mathjax
In summary, MathJax has been upgraded to version 2.0 and some members experienced issues due to cache conflicts. The CDN address has been changed and the new version should be working smoothly. Take a look at the "what is new" page for any interesting new features. It is recommended to report any bugs or feature requests to the developers. Some users have reported issues with the \vec command not working correctly in Chrome and Opera. In Chrome, it may even display a square instead of an arrow.
MathJax has been upgraded to 2.0 today. Some members appeared to have problems due to cache conflicts. I've changed the CDN address and now it should be working smoothly. Take some time to look over "what is new". I'm sure you'll find some interesting new features.

I am regularly in contact with the devs, please report any bugs or feature requests.

http://www.mathjax.org/docs/2.0/whats-new-2.0.html

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I am not sure how it was in the past, but \vec doesn't work correctly with Chrome nor Opera.

[tex]\vec x[/tex]

(in Chrome it is even worse - it displays just a square instead of a misplaced arrow)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    463 bytes · Views: 527

Related to MathJax (LaTeX) upgraded to 2.0

1. What is MathJax (LaTeX) 2.0?

MathJax (LaTeX) 2.0 is the latest version of the MathJax software, which is a JavaScript library that allows for the display of mathematical equations and symbols on webpages. It uses the LaTeX typesetting system to render math in a high-quality and consistent manner.

2. What are the new features in MathJax 2.0?

MathJax 2.0 includes several new features, such as improved accessibility for screen readers, better support for mobile devices, and a new HTML-CSS output option for faster rendering. It also has an updated user interface and improved support for more mathematical symbols and notations.

3. How does MathJax 2.0 improve upon the previous version?

MathJax 2.0 has improved performance and compatibility with different browsers and devices. It also has a more user-friendly interface and better support for complex equations and symbols. Additionally, it has fixed several bugs and issues that were present in the previous version.

4. Can I still use the old version of MathJax?

Yes, you can still use the old version of MathJax if you prefer. However, it is recommended to upgrade to 2.0 as it has several improvements and bug fixes. Also, some websites may no longer support the old version of MathJax, so upgrading will ensure that you can view math properly on those sites.

5. How can I upgrade to MathJax 2.0?

If you are using MathJax on your own website, you will need to manually update the version of MathJax in your code. You can download the latest version from the MathJax website and replace the old version with the new one. If you are using MathJax on a website that you do not control, you do not need to do anything as the website owner will handle the upgrade.