MATLAB 2010a surf bug? Can someone try to replicate?

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter mikeph
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bug Matlab
In summary: I also want the image to be displayed in color to indicate its value.In summary, the person is having trouble panning an image and is looking for help. The person provides a brief explanation of their problem and provides a link to a website that provides more in-depth information.
mikeph
Hello,

anyone with MATLAB 2010a would you be able to type the few lines of code into try to replicate this problem I am having?

Code:
>> p = rand(400);
>> surf(p)

Once you get the image, maximise the window and rotate the axis until you are looking vertically down (z-axis out the screen). Then zoom into the bottom left corner, and try to pan.

When I do this, rather than 'grabbing' the image and moving it, the image stays in the same place and the frame gets moved to cover part of the image up. I then get the accompanying error messages pop up:

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]? Cell contents reference from a non-cell array object.

Error in ==> pan>locWindowButtonUpFcn at 486
        if ~isequal(newlim{1},origlim{1})

Error in ==> hgfeval at 63
        feval(fcn{1},varargin{:},fcn{2:end});

Error in ==> uitools.uimode.modeWindowButtonUpFcn at 44
hgfeval(newButtonUpFcn,hFig,evd);

Error in ==> uitools.uimode.modeControl>localModeWindowButtonUpFcn at 144
hThis.modeWindowButtonUpFcn(hFig,evd,hThis,newValue);

? Error while evaluating figure WindowButtonUpFcn[/COLOR]

[PLAIN]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/945/matlaberror.jpg

Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't. I tried it three times with this example, and the error messages only came up twice. The second time I tried it, it seemed to work fine.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, or if it's a MATLAB error?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, I had similar problems quite a while ago, but this should help.

axis vis3d

Pretty sure that the problem arises from MATLAB trying to "refit/rescale" the figure as you rotate it. vis3d tells it to leave it scaled for 3d rotation.

give it a try

Thanks, that definitely did something, but I am still unable to pan properly.

I want a surf to get images from many angles, and am having particular trouble doing this in the case that I am looking straight down onto it.

Related to MATLAB 2010a surf bug? Can someone try to replicate?

1. What is the MATLAB 2010a surf bug?

The MATLAB 2010a surf bug is a known issue within the MATLAB software program that affects the way surf plots are displayed. It causes the plot to appear distorted or incomplete.

2. How does the surf bug affect MATLAB users?

The surf bug can cause inconvenience and frustration for MATLAB users, as it may make it difficult to accurately visualize and analyze data using surf plots.

3. What is the cause of the surf bug in MATLAB 2010a?

The exact cause of the surf bug in MATLAB 2010a is not known, but it is believed to be a software coding error that was not caught during testing.

4. Has MATLAB released a fix for the 2010a surf bug?

Yes, MATLAB has released a fix for the 2010a surf bug in the form of a software patch. This patch can be downloaded and applied to the affected version of MATLAB.

5. Can someone replicate the surf bug in MATLAB 2010a?

Yes, it is possible for someone to replicate the surf bug in MATLAB 2010a by creating a surf plot with specific data and settings. However, this bug may not occur in every instance and may depend on the individual's computer and software setup.