Maximizing U of O Girls Club Soccer Team Income

• Thread starter sasuke07
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Income
However, here are some hints: If x is the price of a ticket then x+ .5 is the price after a 50 cents increase. The number of tickets sold decreases by 20 so the number sold after a 50 cents increase is x- 20. The total income is the number of tickets times the price of each ticket so the income after a 50 cents increase would be (x- 20)(x+ .5)= x^2- 19.5x+ 10. That is a parabola. You can use the vertex formula, completing the square, or calculus to find the maximum.
sasuke07

Homework Statement

u of o girls club soccer team is raffling off a cicycle to raise money for new equipment. IF they charge 4 dollars per ticket they will sell 360 tickets for each 50 cent increase ticket price, they will sell 20 fewer tickets. what ticket price should they charge to maximize their income

Homework Equations

?

The Attempt at a Solution

I was wondering if their is a formula to solve this equation or do i just guess and check.

Physics news on Phys.org
sasuke07 said:

Homework Statement

u of o girls club soccer team is raffling off a cicycle to raise money for new equipment. IF they charge 4 dollars per ticket they will sell 360 tickets for each 50 cent increase ticket price, they will sell 20 fewer tickets. what ticket price should they charge to maximize their income

Homework Equations

?

I was wondering if their is a formula to solve this equation or do i just guess and check.

I don't see an equation anywhere in your question. ou need to develop one; that is, you need to find a formula for the total revenue (or what you call income) the club obtains if it charges $4 + x cents per ticket (or $4 + 50x cents, if that is easier for you). After you have the formula, then you need to find the maximum.

RGV

sasuke07 said:

Homework Statement

This is incorrectly punctuated. In order to make sense, it should be:
"IF they charge 4 dollars per ticket they will sell 360 tickets. For each 50 cent increase ticket price, they will sell 20 fewer tickets."
If x is the price of a ticket in dollars, x- 4 is the number of dollars increase and 2(x- 4) will be the number of 50 cent increases.

Homework Equations

?
The total number of tickets sold will be 360 minus "the number of tickets fewer"
The income is the number of tickets sold times the price of each ticket.

If you really have no idea how to do this kind of problem (I am very concerned that you seem to think that plugging numbers into a formula or "guess and check" are your only options) you should talk to your teacher about it.

Related to Maximizing U of O Girls Club Soccer Team Income

1. How can we increase revenue for the U of O Girls Club Soccer Team?

To maximize income for the U of O Girls Club Soccer Team, we can consider implementing various fundraising strategies such as hosting events, selling merchandise, and reaching out to potential sponsors. Additionally, we can explore opportunities for partnerships with local businesses to increase visibility and attract more fans to our games.

2. Is it necessary to increase ticket prices to generate more income?

While increasing ticket prices may seem like a straightforward solution, it is not always the most effective way to maximize income. Instead, we can focus on increasing the overall fan experience by offering promotions, giveaways, and engaging with the community to attract more attendees. This can lead to a higher demand for tickets and ultimately generate more income.

3. How can we balance generating income with providing affordable options for players and fans?

It is important to find a balance between generating income and providing affordable options for players and fans. One way to achieve this is by diversifying our income sources. For example, we can offer different levels of membership or sponsorship packages to appeal to a wider range of individuals or businesses. Additionally, we can explore cost-saving measures, such as negotiating better deals for equipment and travel expenses.

4. Can we rely on donations to increase income for the team?

While donations can be a helpful source of income, they should not be the sole focus. It is important to have a diverse range of income sources to ensure stability for the team. Donations can be encouraged through fundraising campaigns, but it is essential to also focus on generating income through ticket sales, sponsorships, and other revenue streams.

5. How can we measure the success of our efforts to maximize income?

There are a few key metrics that can be used to measure the success of our efforts to maximize income for the team. These include total revenue, average attendance per game, and sponsorships obtained. It is also crucial to regularly review and analyze these metrics to make necessary adjustments and improvements to our strategies.