MCNP6.2 - How to plot normalized tallies with MCNP6.2?

In summary, the conversation discusses using MCNP to plot tallies and the possibility of using a tool like python or matlab for this purpose. It is suggested to use the FM multiplier subcard in the input program to directly process the data and plot it. There is a question about whether the FM card can take in a continuously updated parameter like k_eff or only a constant.
19matthew89
TL;DR Summary
Newbie with MCNP here: how to plot (normalized tallies)?
Hi everyone,
I'm really new to MCNP here and I'm "playing" around trying to understand what is going on.

I'd like to plot my tallies (F2, F4 and F6). Is there any tool (e.g. python or matlab package) you recommend?

I know that the internal plot MCPLOT is available but I'm wondering how you normalize the tallies there. In a postprocess data treatment you'd multiply, for instance the F4 tallies, times nu power and divide by energy per fission and k_eff. But I was wondering, can you have that done by MCPLOT so to properly plot the "real" tally?

Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Perhaps you can try to use the FM multiplier subcard in the input program to process the data directly, then plot.

Hi,
Yeah. I had thought of that. But as you need to divide by the k_eff which is found in the code itself, can you feed in the FM card a parameter like the k_eff which is continuously updated? Or can you only multiply by a constant?