Medical Student who misses physics

In summary, a medical student who misses physics may face challenges in understanding certain medical concepts and may have difficulty in applying physics principles to their studies. They may also struggle in courses that heavily rely on physics, such as radiology or medical imaging. However, with determination and extra effort, they can catch up on the missed content and excel in their medical education.
normalmode25
How did you find PF?
Google Search
G'day from Australia! I loved physics and maths in high school and I have been trying to teach myself some physics on the side whilst doing another course at university.

So far, I have read and done problems from "Introduction to Thermal Physics (Schroeder)" [I got up to around 7.4] and currently I am up to chapter 7 in "Vibrations and Waves (French, 1971)." I started off studying Vibrations and Waves alongside the Walter Lewin MIT lecture series (8.03), however I eventually stopped watching the lectures, because the textbook was of quite a high quality and the lectures were a bit fast for me (although the demonstrations were useful even if infrequent).

One of the annoying things about self-teaching is the lack of discussion with others, so I'm really excited to start chatting about aspects of physics and problems that I found interesting or satisfying or challenging with other people. So, if you've studied either of the textbooks that I have, please don't hesitate to write a huge paragraph detailing your views and opinions or favourite problems! I'd love to hear them! Partnering up or forming a study group with people studying the same content would also be great.

When I finish Vibrations and Waves, I intend to do a bit more maths (maybe some vector calculus), before either doing some more classical physics (Hamiltonian and Lagrangian) or electromagnetism.

Yours truly

normalmode25

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: