New High School Physics Teacher

In summary, a new high school physics teacher has been hired to teach students about the fundamental laws of physics and their practical applications. They are responsible for creating lesson plans, conducting experiments, and evaluating student progress. This teacher must have a strong understanding of physics concepts and be able to effectively communicate them to students of various levels. They also play a crucial role in preparing students for college-level physics courses and potential careers in the field. Overall, the addition of a new high school physics teacher aims to enhance students' understanding and appreciation of the physical world.
AtomicRomulan
Hi!

I am one class away from graduating with a degree in geology from my university. I have a specific interest in geophysics and spent my summer in Ecuador (and spent some time at their Geophysics institute) and in New Mexico working with Los Alamos National Lab using geophysical techniques to study the Basin and Range Rift system outside of Santa Fe. I just started a new job at a low income charter school as an 11th and 12th grade physics teacher. I am working with their Dean of Instruction to develop an AP curriculum from scratch. I eventually want to pursue a PhD in Electromagnetic Geophysical Research in South America. I am excited to join this forum because I am looking for support and inspiration for the classes I am teaching.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! Congrats!