Newtonian Solution to Compton Scattering

In summary, the Newtonian Solution to Compton Scattering is a theoretical model that describes the interaction between a photon and an electron, taking into account the wave-particle duality of light and the relativistic effects of the electron's motion. Its main assumptions include the conservation of energy and momentum, and it has various applications in fields like medical imaging and material science. However, it has limitations in its ability to fully account for quantum effects and high energy and momentum interactions.
Partyzan

Homework Statement

I need to derive the Compton scattering formula using Newtonian mechanics, I have it done in relativistic mechanics but can't get the Newtonian version.

Homework Equations

the solution to the relativistic equation is

1=mc^2(1/E2-1/E1)+cos(theta)

for Newtonian mechanics:

1=mc^2(1/E2-1/E1)+cos(theta)-(E1-E2)^2/2E1E2

The Attempt at a Solution

i have no idea where to get started for the Newtonian solution

Physics news on Phys.org
i have the relativistic solution, but if i could just get pointed in the right direction for the Newtonian solution, that would be amazing.

Related to Newtonian Solution to Compton Scattering

What is the Newtonian Solution to Compton Scattering?

The Newtonian Solution to Compton Scattering is a theoretical model that describes the interaction between a photon and an electron, resulting in a shift in the wavelength and energy of the photon.

How does the Newtonian Solution to Compton Scattering differ from the classical theory?

The Newtonian Solution takes into account the wave-particle duality of light and the relativistic effects of the electron's motion, while the classical theory only considers the electron as a stationary particle.

What are the main assumptions of the Newtonian Solution to Compton Scattering?

The main assumptions include the conservation of energy and momentum, the wave nature of light, and the relativistic effects of the electron's motion.

What are the applications of the Newtonian Solution to Compton Scattering?

The Newtonian Solution has various applications in fields such as medical imaging, material science, and astrophysics, allowing for the measurement of electron density and the characterization of materials and particles.

What are some limitations of the Newtonian Solution to Compton Scattering?

The Newtonian Solution does not fully account for quantum effects, and it is limited by its assumptions and simplifications. Additionally, it is not applicable to systems with high energy and momentum interactions.