Nontoxic, high transmittance, high density fluid

In summary, the person is looking for a non-toxic, high transmittance liquid with a specific gravity higher than 1.3 that will not dissolve or react with resin for use in separating resin. They have found a similar topic regarding high density fluids on other forums, but are using it differently. They are not a chemist and are seeking help, specifically mentioning potassium formate brine. They have found information about glycerol having a density of 1.26 and a water/sucrose solution as potential options, but are unsure if they will react with or dissolve resin.
MegaKuo
Hi, I'm looking for a liquid that is nontoxic, high transmittance, has a specific gravity higher than 1.3.
Here is the catch. I'm using it to separate resin, so it can not dissolve or react with resin.
there was a similar topic on high density fluid on other forums, but I'm using it differently.
I'm no chemist.Really need some help.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Glycerol has a density of 1.26. I don't know, however, if it will react with or dissolve resin. You could also try a water/sucrose solution: http://lclane.net/text/sucrose.html

Related to Nontoxic, high transmittance, high density fluid

1. What is a "nontoxic, high transmittance, high density fluid"?

A "nontoxic, high transmittance, high density fluid" is a type of liquid that is safe for human contact, has the ability to allow light to pass through it with minimal obstruction, and has a high density, meaning it is heavier than water.

2. What are the common uses for a nontoxic, high transmittance, high density fluid?

This type of fluid is commonly used in medical imaging, such as MRI machines, due to its high transmittance properties. It can also be used in industrial applications, such as oil and gas drilling, where a heavy liquid is needed to exert pressure on the equipment.

3. How is the nontoxic, high transmittance, high density fluid made?

The exact process of creating this type of fluid may vary depending on the specific application, but generally it involves combining non-toxic ingredients and adjusting the density to the desired level. Some common ingredients used in these fluids include water, glycerin, and mineral oil.

4. Are there any potential risks associated with using nontoxic, high transmittance, high density fluid?

As with any substance, there is always some level of risk involved in handling and using nontoxic, high transmittance, high density fluid. However, as long as proper safety precautions are taken and the fluid is used as intended, the risk should be minimal.

5. Can nontoxic, high transmittance, high density fluid be recycled or disposed of safely?

Yes, this type of fluid can typically be recycled or disposed of safely, depending on the specific ingredients used. It is important to follow proper disposal guidelines and regulations to ensure the fluid is handled and disposed of properly.