Placement of graphics in LaTeX

In summary, to insert images into your LaTeX document, you will need to use the \includegraphics command and specify the file name and desired size. You can control the placement of images using the \begin{figure} and \end{figure} commands, and add captions and labels using the \caption and \label commands. To resize images, use the width and height options in the \includegraphics command, and to insert multiple images in one figure, use the \subfigure command within the figure environment.
AxiomOfChoice
Is there any way I can tell LaTeX to place an image on the right of a slide *without* using the "figure" environment?

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by slide? Are you using the beamer package?

Related to Placement of graphics in LaTeX

1. How do I insert images into my LaTeX document?

To insert images into your LaTeX document, you will need to use the \includegraphics command. This command requires you to specify the file name of the image and the desired size. For example, \includegraphics[width=0.5\textwidth]{image.jpg} will insert an image called "image.jpg" at half the width of the text on your page.

2. Can I control the placement of images in my LaTeX document?

Yes, you can control the placement of images using the \begin{figure} and \end{figure} commands. These commands will create a "floating" figure, which can be positioned using options such as h (here), t (top), b (bottom), and p (page). For example, \begin{figure}[h] will place the image at the exact location in your code where you inserted this command.

3. How can I add captions and labels to my images in LaTeX?

To add a caption to your image, you can use the \caption command within the \begin{figure} and \end{figure} environment. You can also add a label using the \label command, which will allow you to refer to the image by its label in your text. For example, \label{fig:my_image} will label your image as "Figure 1" and you can refer to it using \ref{fig:my_image}.

4. How can I resize images in my LaTeX document?

To resize images in your LaTeX document, you can use the width and height options in the \includegraphics command. For example, \includegraphics[width=0.5\textwidth,height=8cm]{image.jpg} will resize the image to half the width of your text and a height of 8cm.

5. Can I insert multiple images in one figure in LaTeX?

Yes, you can insert multiple images in one figure using the \subfigure command within the \begin{figure} and \end{figure} environment. This will create subfigures with their own captions and labels that you can refer to separately. For example, \subfigure[Caption for subfigure A]{\includegraphics{imageA.jpg}} \subfigure[Caption for subfigure B]{\includegraphics{imageB.jpg}} will create two subfigures labeled as "Figure 1a" and "Figure 1b".