Plot of Parton distribution function

Elham1990
Hello
I plotted the Parton distribution functions in Mathematica. Now I want to compare the graphs drawn with the graphs of other groups(xu and xd). How should I do this?

Physics news on Phys.org
pinball1970 said:
I have no idea what he is talking about, except that Mathematica is software. I guess he meant
CTEQ6_parton_distribution_functions.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parton_(particle_physics)

in which case I should move the thread into a physics forum. However, I just saw that our new member - hello and :welcome: , @Elham1990, already created such a thread in the "Particle Physics" forum, in which case I should inform @Elham1990 that creating duplicates is against the rules and he should instead have informed a mentor via the report button to move his thread or delete the unwanted duplicate. I consider this done, hoping he will read this response. It would have probably already been reported if it wasn't 6:39 AM east then and 10:47 AM east now in the States.

Again, @Elham1990, welcome, have fun, and stay curious ...
... and be a bit more descriptive in your threads. We others do not know what's on your desk or in your mind!

Sigh, mentor business can be troublesome ...

Last edited:
Likes Bystander and BillTre

Related to Plot of Parton distribution function

What is a Parton distribution function?

A Parton distribution function is a mathematical function that describes the probability of finding a parton (quark or gluon) within a proton carrying a certain fraction of the proton's momentum.

How is the Parton distribution function related to the structure of a proton?

The Parton distribution function provides information about the internal structure of a proton, specifically how the momentum of the proton is distributed among its constituent partons.

What is the significance of studying Parton distribution functions?

Studying Parton distribution functions is crucial for understanding the behavior of quarks and gluons within protons, which in turn helps us understand the strong force that binds these particles together.

How are Parton distribution functions experimentally determined?

Parton distribution functions are determined through a combination of experimental data from high-energy particle collisions and theoretical calculations based on quantum chromodynamics (QCD).

How do Parton distribution functions impact our understanding of particle physics?

Parton distribution functions play a key role in predicting the outcomes of particle collisions and are essential for interpreting experimental results in high-energy physics, helping us deepen our understanding of the fundamental interactions between particles.