PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113

• Thread starter saad87
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drive Pwm
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of 4 MOSFETs in an H-bridge for an inverter application. The H-bridge is controlled by two IR2113 MOSFET drivers, and the question is raised about whether the PWM signal needs to be inverted for one of the drivers. It is suggested to consult data sheets and application notes from companies like International Rectifier for more information. There are also microcontrollers available that have power PWM modules for switching power supply and motor control applications.
saad87
I am using 4 MOSFETs in an H-bridge. The H-bridge is controlled with two MOSFET drivers (specially IR2113). I aim to drive the H-bridge via PWM which is carrying a 50Hz sine wave.

Note that, the load is not a motor. Instead, the H-bridge is being used as a inverter. My question is, does the PWM need to be inverted for one of the drivers? Each driver will handle one side of the H-bridge, so there will be a left-side driver and a right-side driver.

Assuming I feed the left-hand side driver with PWM waveform direct from the microcontroller, should I invert the PWM in order to control the right hand side?

I suppose the question really is, how do I drive an H-bridge, intended for inverter application?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you gone on International Rectifier site or other companies to download data sheet and application notes. I deal with H bridge before and I remember I got all sort of theory of operation from them. I am no expert on switching supply, I only read enough to tell my engineer what to look for at the time. So I don't want to tell you something that might be wrong. Just go on the web and you'll get plenty of this.

If I am not mistaken, I think I used the IR2113 before and it has both invert and non inverted output. But don't quote me, this was back in 94 and it's almost 20 years already! AND my memory is leaking out quite badly! There are plenty high side and low side MOSFET Drivers to choose from, find the one you want if IR2113 is not the right one. I remember they have models to cover all combinations.

There is micro controllers that contain power pwm module for switching power supply and motor control applications.

The power PWM module give you both the signal and the complement of it.

PIC18f2331 and PIC18f4331 from micro chip contain these features, you can download the datasheet and see these modules.

Related to PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113

1. What is PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113?

PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113 is a circuit design commonly used in electronic devices to control the speed and direction of a motor.

2. How does PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113 work?

PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113 uses pulse width modulation (PWM) to control the amount of power delivered to the motor, and an H-bridge circuit to change the direction of the current flow, allowing the motor to rotate in either direction.

3. What are the advantages of using PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113?

The advantages of using PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113 include precise control over motor speed and direction, efficient use of power, and the ability to change direction without damaging the motor.

4. Are there any limitations to using PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113?

One limitation of PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113 is that it requires a separate power supply for the motor, and may not be suitable for high power applications.

5. How can I implement PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113 in my project?

To implement PWM Drive to H-Bridge with IR2113 in your project, you will need to follow a circuit diagram and use the appropriate components including an IR2113 IC, H-bridge driver, and resistors and capacitors. It is important to also carefully consider the power requirements of your motor and choose a suitable power supply.