Quantum Entanglement Explained: Teleportation & String Theory

OF, you can find a lot more on string theory than I could ever summarize, here on PF.In summary, The conversation discusses the topic of quantum entanglement and the search for resources to understand the concept. The person mentions coming across an article about teleportation based on quantum entanglement and asks for an explanation. They also inquire about any recommended sites for reading up on string theory. The conversation ends with a suggestion to check out Wikipedia for information on quantum entanglement and the recommendation to visit Physics Forums for resources on string theory.
semc
hmm...i have no idea where to put this thread so let's put it here at the moment.

i came across the term Quantum Entaglement and an article regarding teleportation base on this. but i still don't quite get the idea can someone explain? :bugeye: btw, any site where i can read up on string theory? Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
semc said:
hmm...i have no idea where to put this thread so let's put it here at the moment.

i came across the term Quantum Entaglement and an article regarding teleportation base on this. but i still don't quite get the idea can someone explain? :bugeye: btw, any site where i can read up on string theory? Thanks
Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement" .

AM

Last edited by a moderator:

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in quantum physics where two particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other, even when they are separated by large distances. This means that if one particle's state is changed, the other particle's state will also change instantaneously, regardless of the distance between them. This strange behavior has been observed in experiments and is still not fully understood.

As for teleportation, it is a hypothetical process where the exact quantum state of an object can be transmitted from one location to another, effectively moving the object without physically traveling through the space in between. This concept is based on the principles of quantum entanglement, where the state of one particle can be instantly transferred to another particle regardless of distance.

String theory is a theoretical framework that attempts to unify all the fundamental forces of nature, including gravity, into a single theory. It suggests that the smallest building blocks of the universe are not particles, but tiny strings that vibrate at different frequencies. This theory is still being studied and is a subject of ongoing research.

If you're interested in learning more about quantum entanglement and string theory, there are many reputable sources available online such as scientific journals, books, and websites of universities and research institutions. Some good places to start might be the websites of the Institute for Quantum Computing at the University of Waterloo, or the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.

Related to Quantum Entanglement Explained: Teleportation & String Theory

1. What is quantum entanglement?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in which two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other, even when they are separated by large distances.

2. How does quantum entanglement work?

Quantum entanglement works by creating pairs of particles that are inextricably linked, meaning that their properties are correlated with each other. This link remains even when the particles are separated, and any changes to one particle will affect the other.

3. What is the significance of quantum entanglement?

Quantum entanglement is significant because it challenges our understanding of how the physical world works. It also has potential applications in quantum computing, cryptography, and teleportation.

4. How does quantum entanglement relate to teleportation?

Quantum entanglement is essential for teleportation, as it allows for the instantaneous transfer of information from one particle to another. This information can then be used to recreate an exact copy of the original particle at a different location.

5. What is the connection between quantum entanglement and string theory?

Quantum entanglement and string theory are both fundamental principles in understanding the behavior of the universe at a quantum level. String theory suggests that all particles are made up of tiny strings, and quantum entanglement explains how these strings can be connected and influence each other.