Questions about certain SUNY schools

• Schools
  • Thread starter aglo6509
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Schools
In summary, the conversation discusses the physics departments at SUNY Binghamton, Buffalo, and Geneseo and asks for information about the department's overall structure and research opportunities. One person shares that their friends at SUNY Buffalo say the research activity is moderate, but they are not familiar with the physics department specifically. Another person mentions that their friends at SUNY Binghamton tend to prioritize partying over academics. The conversation ends with a question about whether attending Binghamton solely for research support from professors would be a viable strategy.
aglo6509
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the physics departments at Suny Binghamton, buffalo, or geneseo. I got accepted to all and was curious on hearing how the department works as a whole, research opportunies, etc.

Thanks you.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have a lot of friends who go to SUNY Buffalo. They tell me that the research activity there is not extremely outstanding (in regards to the amount of research that goes on) but not minimal either.

I'm not too familiar with the physics department specifically though so it might be different from the life sciences...

The people I know who go to SUNY Binghamtom just party like crazy.

DeadOriginal said:
I have a lot of friends who go to SUNY Buffalo. They tell me that the research activity there is not extremely outstanding (in regards to the amount of research that goes on) but not minimal either.

I'm not too familiar with the physics department specifically though so it might be different from the life sciences...

The people I know who go to SUNY Binghamtom just party like crazy.

Do you think it would be a viable strategy to attend Binghamton just to gain more attention and assistance from professors for research due to there being lesser academic competition against other students who party too much?

I meant to say the people I know that attend Bing party too much. I wouldn't really know if everyone that went to Bing was like that.

I am unable to provide a personal opinion on the physics departments at Suny Binghamton, Buffalo, or Geneseo since I have not personally studied or worked at these institutions. However, I recommend reaching out to current students or faculty members in the physics departments at these schools for more information. Additionally, researching the department's website and publications can also provide insight into their research opportunities and overall department structure. It is important to gather information from multiple sources to make an informed decision about which institution may be the best fit for your academic and research goals.

Related to Questions about certain SUNY schools

1. What are the top SUNY schools?

The top SUNY schools, based on rankings and reputation, include Binghamton University, Stony Brook University, University at Buffalo, SUNY Geneseo, and SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry.

2. How do I apply to a SUNY school?

To apply to a SUNY school, you must submit an online application through the SUNY website. You will need to create an account and complete the application, which includes providing personal information, academic history, and essays or personal statements.

3. What are the tuition and fees for SUNY schools?

Tuition and fees vary for each SUNY school, but on average, the cost for in-state students is around $7,000 per year and for out-of-state students is around $18,000 per year. However, the cost may be lower or higher depending on the specific school and program.

4. What majors and programs do SUNY schools offer?

SUNY schools offer a wide range of majors and programs, including liberal arts, business, engineering, education, and health sciences. Each school may have different offerings, so it is important to research individual schools to find the best fit for your academic interests.

5. Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for SUNY schools?

Yes, SUNY schools offer a variety of scholarships and financial aid options for students. This includes merit-based scholarships, need-based grants, and work-study programs. It is important to check with each individual school for specific opportunities and requirements.