R.I.P. Annie Nightingale (1 April 1940 – 11 January 2024)

• Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rock
pinball1970
Gold Member
The voice of rock on UK radio along with John Peel and Tommy Vance.
First female DJ on the BBC in 1970 and hosted the Old Grey Whistle Test.

1705928461159.png

• Care
  • Sad
Likes Astronuc, mcastillo356 and DrGreg
Physics news on Phys.org
OCR said:
Her voice, just oozed cool and enthusiasm. I had a crush on her at 13 before I knew what she looked like.
A trail blazer.

Likes OCR

Related to R.I.P. Annie Nightingale (1 April 1940 – 11 January 2024)

1. Was Annie Nightingale a real person?

Yes, Annie Nightingale was a real person. She was a British radio broadcaster and the first female DJ on BBC Radio 1.

2. What was Annie Nightingale known for?

Annie Nightingale was known for her pioneering work in radio broadcasting, particularly in the field of electronic dance music. She was also known for her longevity in the industry, having worked at BBC Radio 1 for over 50 years.

3. When did Annie Nightingale pass away?

Annie Nightingale passed away on January 11, 2024, at the age of 83.

4. What impact did Annie Nightingale have on the music industry?

Annie Nightingale had a significant impact on the music industry, particularly in promoting electronic dance music and championing emerging artists. She was instrumental in bringing new sounds and genres to a wider audience through her radio shows.

5. What is Annie Nightingale's legacy?

Annie Nightingale's legacy is one of breaking barriers and paving the way for women in the music industry. She inspired countless individuals to pursue careers in radio broadcasting and helped shape the landscape of modern music. Her contributions to the industry will be remembered for years to come.

Back