Reaction Score and Points for a PF user

In summary, the conversation is about the meaning of two values seen on user profiles: Reaction Score and Points. The speaker suggests that Reaction Score may refer to the number of likes or positive reactions a person's posts receive, while Points represent the total number of points earned through achieving certain milestones or trophies. The speaker also clarifies that Reaction Score was previously called "likes" before other reactions were added.
scottdave
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
I started noticing some numbers next to each person's profile: Reaction Score and Points.
I tried searching for the meaning of these values. Either it is hidden in plain sight, or I'm a bad searcher ?:)

My guess is that Reaction Score has to do with the number of likes (or the other positive reactions) a person's posts get.

I'm not sure what the Points represent, though.

Physics news on Phys.org
Points represent the total number of points earned through trophies, such as having made 10k posts etc.

Edit: For example, you earned 20 points for achieving the 1k posts mark.

Edit 2: And yes, reaction score is the number of reactions. It used to be called ”likes” before other reactions were introduced.

• Informative
Likes scottdave

Related to Reaction Score and Points for a PF user

1. What is a "Reaction Score" on a PF user's profile?

A "Reaction Score" on a PF user's profile is a numerical representation of the total number of reactions (such as likes, loves, wows, etc.) that a user has received on their posts and comments. It is a way to measure a user's overall engagement on the platform.

2. How is the "Reaction Score" calculated?

The "Reaction Score" is calculated by adding up the number of reactions a user has received on all of their posts and comments. Each type of reaction is assigned a different point value, and the total points are then converted into a numerical score.

3. What are "Points" on a PF user's profile?

"Points" on a PF user's profile are a way to reward and recognize users for their contributions to the platform. Points are earned by receiving reactions, creating posts and comments, and participating in community events and challenges.

4. How can I increase my "Reaction Score" and "Points" on PF?

To increase your "Reaction Score" and "Points" on PF, you can actively engage with the community by creating posts and comments, participating in discussions and challenges, and sharing interesting and valuable content. The more active and engaged you are, the higher your scores will be.

5. Do "Reaction Score" and "Points" have any benefits on PF?

While "Reaction Score" and "Points" do not have any tangible benefits on PF, they can be seen as a measure of your presence and contribution on the platform. Having a high "Reaction Score" and "Points" can also potentially lead to more visibility and recognition from other users and the PF team.