References format in beamer, LaTeX

In summary, the speaker is having trouble with citing references in beamer and wants to change the author listing to a number. They provide relevant code for bibliography formatting and mention using a .bib file. They also mention using BibTeX and ask for the BibTeX commands in the LaTeX file.
binbagsss
When I am citing references in beamer they are coming out as listing the author, I just want it to give a number instead. This is the code I am using, and, this is how my references and the citation are currently displaying. Many thanks in advance !

Relevant code in the document for bibliography formatting:

%--------------------------------------------%

\documentclass[handout,t]{beamer}

\setbeamertemplate{bibliography item}{\insertbiblabel}

\usepackage[alf]{abntex2cite}
\usepackage[portuges]{babel}

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\begin{frame}
\bibliography{document}
\end{frame}I am using a .bib sep file for the bibliogrpahy and it is inserted as:

@book{durst2008fluid,
title={Fluid mechanics: an introduction to the theory of fluid flows},
author={Durst, Franz},
year={2008},
publisher={Springer Science \& Business Media}
}

durst2.png
[1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/1QP9c.png
[2]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/8ERfV.png

Attachments

• durst.png
    durst.png
    7 KB · Views: 114
Physics news on Phys.org
If you are using a .bib file, you must be using BibTeX. What are the BibTeX commands in the LaTeX file (in particular \blibliographystyle)?

• Informative
Likes berkeman

1. What is the proper format for references in beamer?

The proper format for references in beamer is to use the \bibliography command to specify the bibliography file, and then use the \cite command to cite the sources within the presentation. The bibliography file should be in .bib format and should contain the necessary information for each reference, such as the author, title, and publication information.

2. Can I use different reference styles in beamer?

Yes, you can use different reference styles in beamer by specifying the desired style in the \bibliographystyle command. Some commonly used styles are plain, abbrv, and alpha. You can also create your own custom reference style using the makebst tool.

3. How do I include references in a specific slide in beamer?

To include references in a specific slide in beamer, you can use the \footcite or \footfullcite command. These commands will add a footnote with the corresponding citation at the bottom of the slide. You can also use the \cite command in the slide's content to directly include the citation.

4. Can I add multiple references in a single citation in beamer?

Yes, you can add multiple references in a single citation in beamer by separating them with commas within the \cite command. For example, \cite{ref1,ref2,ref3} will result in a single citation with all three references listed.

5. How do I ensure proper formatting and consistency in my references in beamer?

To ensure proper formatting and consistency in your references in beamer, make sure to use the same reference style and follow the same format for all your citations. You can also use a reference management tool, such as BibTeX, to organize your references and automatically generate the proper format for each citation.