Relativistically invariant 2-body phase space integral

In summary, The conversation discusses the use of a function, represented as ##\lambda^{\frac{1}{2}}##, in the calculation of a relativistically invariant 2-body phase space integral. The function is shorthand for ##\sqrt{\lambda (x,y,z)}## and can be found in various textbooks and lecture notes on relativistic particle kinematics. The Källén function is a commonly used reference for this function, while the Review of Particle Physics provides a comprehensive overview of kinematics in relativistic scattering problems.
George Wu
TL;DR Summary
I encounter a function that I don‘t know in the calculation of Relativistically invariant 2-body phase space integral
I encounter a function that I don‘t know in the calculation of Relativistically invariant 2-body phase space integral:
1684333571500.png

in this equation, ##s##is the square of total energy of the system in the center-of-mass frame(I think)
I don't know what the function ##\lambda^{\frac{1}{2}}## is.
There are more equations involving this function:
P$3{FTJ%2Z0E4A%)9[BD%[C.png

I just want to know if anyone knows which textbook these equations come from, or what the function ##\lambda^{\frac{1}{2}}## is.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have any reference for those 2 screenshots? A book, some lecture notes we could have access to. Otherwise, I can't recall any special function in mathematics with that notation.