Rotary system stiffness/travel question

In summary, to calculate k1,travel2 and k2,travel2 in this system, use the equation k_series = k1*k2/(k1+k2), where k1 and k2 are the individual spring constants of each spring.
bisherbas
http://i.imgur.com/UNrCRD0.png

How can I calculate k1,travel2 & k2,travel2 in this system? I know that k_series = k1*k2/(k1+k2) but that is the extend of my knowledge.

Engineering news on Phys.org
K1,travel2 and K2,travel2 refer to the overall spring constant of the two springs in series, when they are connected in travel 2. To calculate this, you need to use the equation for k_series = k1*k2/(k1+k2), where k1 and k2 are the individual spring constants of each spring. For example, if k1 = 10 N/m and k2 = 20 N/m, then the overall spring constant of the two springs in series is k_series = 10*20/(10+20) = 13.33N/m.

Related to Rotary system stiffness/travel question

1. What is a rotary system stiffness?

A rotary system stiffness refers to the amount of resistance or rigidity a rotary system has when it is subjected to external forces. It is a measure of how much the system can deform or move when a force is applied to it.

2. How is rotary system stiffness measured?

Rotary system stiffness is typically measured in units of force per unit of angle, such as Nm/degree or Nm/radian. This can be done using various methods such as torque tests, deflection tests, or finite element analysis.

3. What factors affect rotary system stiffness?

There are several factors that can affect the stiffness of a rotary system, including the material properties of the components, the geometry of the system, the type of bearings used, and the amount of preload applied to the system.

4. How does rotary system stiffness impact performance?

The stiffness of a rotary system can greatly impact its performance. A stiffer system will have less deflection and better accuracy, while a less stiff system may have more flexibility and be more prone to errors or vibrations.

5. What is the relationship between rotary system stiffness and travel?

The stiffness of a rotary system is directly related to its travel, as a stiffer system will be able to withstand larger forces and therefore have a larger range of motion. However, the travel of a system can also be limited by other factors such as the design and size of the system.