Searching for an Advanced Textbook on Alternating Current

In summary, the conversation is about finding a textbook on alternating current that is not just introductory but covers the subject in an advanced manner using undergraduate level math. The desired book should be focused on physics, not engineering, and should include problems. The conversation also provides a list of potential books that fit these criteria.
anachin6000
As the title implies, I'm looking for a textbook on alternating current (not necessarily containing only about this topic). I'm looking for such a book with the following things in mind:

- Is not just some introductory thing, but a book that treats the subject in an advanced manner using at least undergraduate math.
- Is a physics book, not an engineering one.
- Has problems.

I would be very grateful for suggestions.

Physics news on Phys.org
1. Introduction to Electrodynamics, 3rd Edition by David J. Griffiths 2. Fundamentals of Electric Circuits, 5th Edition by Charles K. Alexander and Matthew N.O. Sadiku 3. Electric Machinery Fundamentals, 5th Edition by Stephen J. Chapman 4. Electric Circuits, 10th Edition by James W. Nilsson & Susan Riedel 5. Principles of Electric Circuits: Conventional Current Version, 9th Edition by Thomas L. Floyd 6. Electric Circuits, 10th Edition by James W. Nilsson & Susan Riedel 7. Electromagnetic Theory, 2nd Edition by John R. Reitz & Frederick J. Milford 8. Introduction to AC/DC Power Systems by Willian H. Hayt & John A. Buck 9. Introductory Circuit Analysis, 12th Edition by Robert L. Boylestad & Louis Nashelsky 10. Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics, 9th Edition by Raymond A. Serway & John W. Jewett

Related to Searching for an Advanced Textbook on Alternating Current

1. What is alternating current (AC)?

Alternating current is an electrical current that periodically reverses direction. It is commonly used in household appliances and power grids.

2. Why is it important to study alternating current?

Studying alternating current is essential for understanding how electricity works and how it is used in various applications. It is also a fundamental concept in electrical engineering and related fields.

3. What topics should be covered in an advanced textbook on alternating current?

An advanced textbook on alternating current should cover topics such as AC circuits, impedance and reactance, power and energy in AC circuits, AC power generation and transmission, and AC motor principles.

4. Are there any recommended textbooks on alternating current for advanced study?

Some recommended textbooks on alternating current for advanced study include "Electric Circuits" by James W. Nilsson and Susan A. Riedel, "Principles of Electric Machines and Power Electronics" by P.C. Sen, and "Electrical Machines, Drives, and Power Systems" by Theodore Wildi.

5. How can I apply my knowledge of alternating current in real-world situations?

Knowledge of alternating current can be applied in various real-world situations such as designing and troubleshooting electrical systems, working in the energy and power industry, and developing new technologies for renewable energy sources.