Sending PMs: How to Use the Conversation Feature on Our Website

• Thread starter Bettina5
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation feature on our website allows users to send private messages (PMs) to other users. To initiate a conversation, users can click on the "Message" button on the profile page of the person they want to message. They can then type their message and send it. Once a conversation has been started, users can continue to send and receive messages in the conversation window. Users also have the option to block or report inappropriate messages. Overall, the conversation feature is a convenient way for users to privately communicate with each other on our website.
Bettina5
Well you never learn without asking, but how do you "send" a PM to someone? I don't see a "send" button. I understand it's called "conversation" here but how do I know its been sent?

Physics news on Phys.org
Under "information" in the profile, there is a button "Start a Conversation".

Under "Inbox", you can find "https://www.physicsforums.com/conversations/add"

Got it... Thanks.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to Sending PMs: How to Use the Conversation Feature on Our Website

1. What is the purpose of sending PMs on our website?

The purpose of sending PMs, or private messages, on our website is to allow users to communicate with each other in a private and secure manner. This feature can be used for various reasons, such as discussing a project, asking for help, or simply having a conversation with another user.

2. How do I send a PM to another user?

To send a PM, go to the user's profile page and click on the "Message" button. This will open a conversation window where you can type your message and send it to the user. You can also access the conversation feature by clicking on the "Messages" icon on the top right corner of the website and then selecting "New Conversation".

3. Can I send a PM to multiple users?

Yes, you can send a PM to multiple users by starting a group conversation. To do this, click on the "Messages" icon and select "New Conversation". Then, enter the usernames of the users you want to include in the conversation. Keep in mind that group conversations are visible to all participants and cannot be deleted by individual users.

4. How do I know if I have received a new PM?

If you have received a new PM, a notification will appear on the "Messages" icon on the top right corner of the website. You can also go to the "Messages" section and check for any unread conversations. Additionally, you can enable email notifications for new PMs in your account settings.

5. Can I delete a PM?

Yes, you can delete a PM by clicking on the conversation and then selecting the "Delete" option. This will permanently remove the conversation from your inbox. However, keep in mind that this action cannot be undone, so make sure you want to delete the PM before confirming.