Software for long and repetitive algebra

In summary, the speaker is seeking a program to help with their Chemical Engineering problem involving a 5th order polynomial design equation. They have simplified the equation by grouping constants and are looking for software that can manipulate these groupings to save time. The listener suggests looking into general purpose numerical analysis software.
James6480
I hope this is the correct forum, I have read most of the rules and it seemed the best place for this post!

I have a Chemical Engineering problem, in the design of a reactor which has a design equation which I know to be a 5th order polynomial. Deriving this from first principles takes a lot of time, with multiplication of a long list of constants in varying orders to find the coefficients of the quintic equation.

Is there any program anyone can recommend where I can specify groups of constants for example J= k1*k2*k3 and M= k4*k5*k6 then ask it to produce the result of some manipulation on J and M, J*M or JM^5? I have simplified this down to explain but I have a long list of these groupings and if such software existed it would save a lot of time!

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Software for long and repetitive algebra

1. What is "Software for long and repetitive algebra"?

"Software for long and repetitive algebra" is a type of computer program or application that is specifically designed to perform complex and repetitive algebraic calculations. It can be used for a variety of tasks, such as solving equations, simplifying expressions, and graphing functions.

2. What makes this type of software different from other algebra tools?

Unlike traditional algebra tools, "Software for long and repetitive algebra" is specifically designed to handle lengthy and repetitive equations and calculations. It can also handle more complex algebraic expressions and equations than a calculator or pen and paper.

3. How can "Software for long and repetitive algebra" benefit scientists and researchers?

Using this software can greatly increase efficiency and accuracy for scientists and researchers who need to perform numerous algebraic calculations. It can also save time and effort by automating repetitive tasks and providing accurate results.

4. What features should I look for in "Software for long and repetitive algebra"?

Some important features to look for in this type of software include the ability to handle complex equations and expressions, the option to customize and save equations for future use, and the ability to graph multiple functions simultaneously. It is also helpful to have a user-friendly interface and the ability to input equations using both keyboard and mouse.

5. Are there any free options for "Software for long and repetitive algebra"?

Yes, there are some free options available for "Software for long and repetitive algebra", such as online calculators and open-source programs. However, these may have limited features and may not be as comprehensive as paid versions. It is important to research and compare different options to find the best fit for your needs.