Solve MCNP Error in Vised: Repeated Structures

• Thread starter Cleopatraelizabette
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error Mcnp
In summary, the conversation is about creating repeated structures using a hexagonal aluminium container. The speaker has encountered an error while defining a plate that is larger than the container using a visual editor. They are seeking help in resolving the error.
Cleopatraelizabette
I need help with creating repeated structures.
I have a hexagonal aluminium container, inside of which i need to put cylindrical rods. I defined a rod and its cladding and air surrounding it, as universe=5 then i defined another hexagonal surface with 0 material but fill=5 and i define this hexagonal cell as universe =4 and lat=2 then i defined another bigger hexagonal, a certain part of the above mentioned hexagonal aluminium container with 0 material but fill=4... But in vised the latter container is shown as red so error. Please help me :(

Engineering news on Phys.org
Perhaps you can post a screen shot of where the error is shown and what the error text says.

What is vised? a visual editor? is this the name of the software you are using?

Likes Cleopatraelizabette
jedishrfu said:
Perhaps you can post a screen shot of where the error is shown and what the error text says.

What is vised? a visual editor? is this the name of the software you are using?

Hi. Yes, vised stands for visual editor.
Now i have two problems. One is i defined 2 hex because the hexagonal container has a thickness. At the end of the body, i added a plate , but the plate is rectangular, i defined by 2 px and 2 py and the z but the part which is larger than the container is in red so it is not defined in a correct way.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 521
To define the last plate,
Cell n. Mat. n -2.7 510 -51 10 -119

Sutface: 119
Rpp -17.5 17.5 -17.5 17.5 63.3 63.8
But no way
Thanks for your reply

So your error is related to two or more parts trying to occupy the same space?

Related to Solve MCNP Error in Vised: Repeated Structures

1. What is MCNP and what does it stand for?

MCNP stands for Monte Carlo N-Particle transport code, which is a widely used computer code for simulating the transport of particles through matter.

2. What does the "Repeated Structures" error in MCNP mean?

The "Repeated Structures" error in MCNP means that the input file for the simulation contains objects or structures that are repeated multiple times without proper definition, leading to an error in the code.

3. How can I fix the "Repeated Structures" error in MCNP?

To fix the "Repeated Structures" error in MCNP, you will need to carefully review and correct the input file for the simulation. This may involve properly defining and naming the repeated structures, as well as ensuring that they are included in the correct order and format within the file.

4. Are there any common mistakes that can cause the "Repeated Structures" error in MCNP?

Yes, there are several common mistakes that can lead to the "Repeated Structures" error in MCNP. These include forgetting to properly define or name the repeated structures, using incorrect syntax or format for the structures, or placing the structures in the wrong order within the input file.

5. Is there any way to avoid encountering the "Repeated Structures" error in MCNP?

While it is not always possible to completely avoid the "Repeated Structures" error in MCNP, you can reduce the likelihood of encountering it by carefully reviewing and checking your input file for any potential mistakes or missing information before running the simulation.