Solving a Nuclear System I Exercise: Steam Generator Tube Type CE

• Thread starter vietbilk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exercise
In summary, the speaker is a student from Vietnam studying nuclear physics and has a question about posting their problem in this conversation. Their exercise is about a steam generator tube type CE and they are asking for help in counting the number of tubes and determining the temperature of steam out. They also mention that English is not their strong suit and they would appreciate any help or guidance. The speaker also thanks the admin and asks for more details as they find the topic confusing.
vietbilk
hi, every one.
i'm student in VietNam, and now, I'm studying about nucleat physsics.
i don't know, can i post my problem in here?
expect admin ok.
my problem is: I'm studying a subjec what this book is Nuclear System I.
my exercise is "steam generator tube type CE"
------ we have a steam generator type CE which has high h = 2,5m and traffic G = 1kg/s
primary tube has : t(in) = 180 oC
t(out) = 170 oC
p = 10 at
secondary tube has: t(in) = 95 oC
P = 1 at

count number tube, know that this tube has d2/d1 = 12mm/10mm
count temperature of steam out?----------

english is my weak, i tried to express.
i hop everyone can help me or guide.
thanks so much.
if you have spare time, please help me in here

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
If one assumes steady-state, then the heat rejected/transferred from primary to secondary must be equal.

The rate of change of enthalpy must balance, i.e., the product of the mass flow rate and the change in specific enthalpy on the primary and secondary sides must be equal.

thanks admin.
but realy, this is so confuse.
can you more detail?
i really want it.

Related to Solving a Nuclear System I Exercise: Steam Generator Tube Type CE

1. What is a steam generator tube type CE?

A steam generator tube type CE is a type of heat exchanger used in nuclear power plants. It is responsible for converting water into steam, which is then used to power turbines and produce electricity.

2. How does a steam generator tube type CE work?

The steam generator tube type CE works by passing hot nuclear reactor coolant through tubes, which are surrounded by water. The heat from the coolant is transferred to the water, creating steam that is then used to power turbines.

3. What are the common problems associated with steam generator tube type CE?

The most common problems with steam generator tube type CE are corrosion and degradation of the tubes. This can be caused by high temperatures, radiation, and chemical reactions with the coolant.

4. How are these problems typically solved?

To solve these problems, regular inspections and maintenance are conducted to identify and replace damaged tubes. In some cases, chemical treatments may be used to slow down corrosion and extend the life of the tubes.

5. Are there any safety concerns with steam generator tube type CE?

While steam generator tube type CE is an essential component of a nuclear power plant, proper safety measures are in place to prevent any accidents or leaks. Regular inspections and maintenance, as well as emergency shutdown procedures, help to ensure the safe operation of these systems.