Solving for I1 from Equations 1-3 with I2=0

• Thread starter nhrock3
  • Start date
In summary, to solve for I1 when I2 is equal to 0, you can substitute I2=0 into equations 1-3 and use basic algebraic methods. If I2 is not equal to 0, you can still solve for I1 by using all three equations and solving for I1 using simultaneous equations. The possible values for I1 will depend on the specific equations and values given, and it is important to carefully check your work. You can use a calculator or computer program to solve for I1, and solving for I1 with I2=0 can be useful in various scientific and mathematical applications.
nhrock3
after we put I2=0 in equations 1 to 3
we have expressions of I1
how did they get I1
because they presented numbers
32ztg2b.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
If you let I2 be zero, then equation 1 becomes:

V1 = j5*I1

Substitute this into equation 3 and you have:

425<0 - 5*I1 - j5*I1 = 0

or

425<0 - (5 + j5)*I1 = 0

so that I1 = 425/(5 + j5)

Substitute this back into equation 2 (with I2 = 0), and you get V2.

Related to Solving for I1 from Equations 1-3 with I2=0

1. How do I solve for I1 when I2 is equal to 0?

To solve for I1 when I2 is equal to 0, you can substitute I2=0 into equations 1-3. This will eliminate I2 from the equations, allowing you to solve for I1 using basic algebraic methods.

2. Can I solve for I1 if I2 is not equal to 0?

Yes, you can still solve for I1 if I2 is not equal to 0. In this case, you will need to use all three equations (equations 1-3) and solve for I1 using simultaneous equations. This means solving for I1 in one equation, then substituting that value into the other equations until you have a single value for I1.

3. What are the possible values for I1?

The possible values for I1 will depend on the specific equations and values given. In general, there can be multiple solutions for I1, or there may be no solution at all. It is important to carefully check your work and make sure your solution makes sense in the context of the problem.

4. Can I solve for I1 using a calculator or computer program?

Yes, you can use a calculator or computer program to solve for I1. Many scientific calculators have functions for solving simultaneous equations, and there are also computer programs and online tools that can help you solve for I1 given a set of equations.

5. What is the importance of solving for I1 from equations 1-3 with I2=0?

Solving for I1 from equations 1-3 with I2=0 can be useful in many scientific and mathematical applications. It allows you to isolate and solve for one variable in a system of equations, which can be applied to a wide range of problems in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics.