Speech recognition robot project

In summary, the speaker is working on a speech recognition robot project and is learning MATLAB for it. They are having trouble with their program for serial communication, as they are receiving an error related to the port not being specified. The speaker has tried to fix the issue but is still unsure of what mistake they have made. They are seeking help to resolve the error.
jyothi1
HI sir,
right now I doing speech recognition robot project.For that I am learning Matlab I am very new to this subject.I want to write program for serial communication in matlab.Actually I have written program. but I am getting an error as (? Error using ==> serial.serial at 62
The PORT must be specified.).In my program I used comport. Even though that error is coming.My program is as below.s = serial('COM2');
printf(s,'RS232?');
data1 = fscanf(s);
data = 9600;0;0;NONE;LF
C = textscan(a, '%d%d%d%s%s','delimiter',';');

[br, sfc, hfc, par, tm] = deal(C{:});

fclose(s)

I tried, but I did n't get where I did mistake.Can anybody please help me.

Thanks,
Jyothi.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The error you are receiving is due to the fact that you did not specify the port as an argument when initializing the serial object. To fix this, you can either explicitly assign a port before creating the serial object: port = 'COM2'; s = serial(port); or, you can pass the port as an argument when initializing the serial object, like so: s = serial('COM2'); Hope this helps!

Related to Speech recognition robot project

1. What is a speech recognition robot project?

A speech recognition robot project is a project that involves creating a robot that can understand and respond to human speech. This robot is programmed to recognize and interpret spoken words and commands, and then carry out corresponding actions or tasks.

2. How does a speech recognition robot work?

A speech recognition robot uses a combination of hardware and software components to interpret human speech. The robot's hardware includes a microphone for capturing the audio, while the software processes the audio and identifies spoken words through algorithms and machine learning techniques.

3. What are the potential applications of a speech recognition robot?

A speech recognition robot can have a wide range of applications, including in healthcare, customer service, education, and personal assistance. It can be used to assist individuals with disabilities, automate tasks in various industries, and improve communication between humans and machines.

4. Is speech recognition technology accurate?

The accuracy of speech recognition technology depends on various factors, such as the quality of audio input, the complexity of the language, and the training and algorithms used. With advancements in technology, the accuracy of speech recognition has greatly improved, but it may still make errors at times.

5. What are the challenges in developing a speech recognition robot?

Developing a speech recognition robot involves overcoming several challenges, such as accurately interpreting different accents and dialects, understanding natural language and context, and dealing with background noise. It also requires extensive training and testing to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of the robot's responses.