Starting Physical Chemistry Ph.D.

• Thread starter alexmurillo242
  • Start date
In summary, starting a Physical Chemistry Ph.D. involves completing a bachelor's degree in a related field, obtaining letters of recommendation, preparing for and taking the graduate school entrance exam, and applying to various programs. Once accepted, students will engage in coursework, research, and potentially teaching responsibilities. It is important to establish strong relationships with faculty mentors and peers, as well as maintain a healthy work-life balance. The Ph.D. program typically takes 4-6 years to complete, resulting in a dissertation and the potential for future career opportunities in academia or industry.
alexmurillo242
How did you find PF?
Google
Hi all,

I am a student getting ready to start their Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry in the fall. I primarily focus on nuclear magnetic resonance (in continuation of my undergrad research) particularly in low/zero-field regimes as well as SABRE hyperpolarization.

The majority of my experience is in instrumentation/engineering problems surrounding these topics and a bit of actual experimental work. I am in the process of learning the use of both Mathematica and Matlab for symbolic/simulation work and am very open to any tips people here might have.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Alex! It's good to have you here. :smile:

Likes alexmurillo242