The Importance of Science: Understanding the World Around Us

• Thread starter mbrown
  • Start date
In summary, science plays a crucial role in helping us understand the world around us. Through scientific research and experimentation, we are able to uncover new knowledge and gain a deeper understanding of the natural world and the laws that govern it. Science also allows us to develop new technologies and advancements that improve our daily lives and contribute to the progress of society. By using the scientific method, we can make informed decisions and predictions based on evidence and facts, rather than relying on superstitions or personal beliefs. Overall, the importance of science cannot be overstated as it continues to expand our knowledge and drive innovation in all aspects of our lives.
mbrown
i am a clueless senior citizen interested in basic science and current scientific discoveries. my educational level is nonexistent. i only seek understanding, if this site require's professional or educational acomplishment's then i don't qualify. science is what help's me to stay interested and hopeful and in awe of this universe, science has given so much, but incredibly in my opinion under appreciated by the majority of the world's population. i would like to thank all that endeavor in the pursuit and advancement of science for all.

Likes pinball1970 and Stuck In a Loop
Physics news on Phys.org
mbrown said:
clueless senior citizen interested in basic science and current scientific discoveries. my educational level is nonexistent. i only seek understanding,
You've passed the first requirement with flying colors. Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Likes pinball1970 and Wrichik Basu
If you ever want to share ideas and run thru each others hypothesis just shoot me a message. I am just starting out too so will be fun.

Stuck In a Loop said:
eachothers hypothesis just shoot me a message.
Second requirement: Read, and heed, the rules re. personal theories/speculations.

Likes Stuck In a Loop