Is Thermal Paint Really Effective in Heat Transfer?

gmason85
How did you find PF?
Google
Hi all,

Mechanical engineer by education; soon to have a MPhil in Architecture. Building Scientist/ Energy Efficiency consultant by trade. I have a decent physics background, but not an expert around the subject of radiative heat transfer. My posts will likely involve confirming bs from salespeople that doesn’t align with my understanding of how physics works.

Physics news on Phys.org
gmason85 said:
How did you find PF?: Google

Hi all,

Mechanical engineer by education; soon to have a MPhil in Architecture. Building Scientist/ Energy Efficiency consultant by trade. I have a decent physics background, but not an expert around the subject of radiative heat transfer. My posts will likely involve confirming bs from salespeople that doesn’t align with my understanding of how physics works.
Welcome to PF.

At PF we mainly work with the published professional scientific literature, so it would help your thread start in the technical forums if you could find peer-reviewed journal articles about the paint subject. Barring that, articles in the mainstream engineering and thermo journals could work instead. The more work you can do searching for valid journal articles, the easier it will be for us to try to help you out.

Welcome to PF. :smile:

Likes gmason85
Welcome to PF.