Tips for Creating an Effective Resume

In summary, the conversation is about understanding and expressing quantifiers. The first step is to learn how to translate each statement. The question is whether one needs to provide only a true or false answer, or also a counter-example. The answer is that for a statement to be true, one needs to provide a counter-example. For example, if the statement is "for any integer n, there is some integer m such that n^2<m", for n=5, a possible counter-example would be m=6. It is important to think about the meaning of the statements in order to understand and express them correctly.
annie1

Attachments

• pp.png
    pp.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 64
Physics news on Phys.org
Re: quantifiers

What progress have you made on any of these?
Can you tell us what sort of help you need?

in these i don't understand how to express the answer of any of the following ,can i tell all the truth values or some single,if so then how

annie said:
in these i don't understand how to express the answer of any of the following ,can i tell all the truth values or some single,if so then how

Well then, you must spend some time learning to translate each statement. That is the first step.

For example: the statement in a) says "for any integer \(\displaystyle n\), there is some integer \(\displaystyle m\) such that \(\displaystyle n^2<m\).
Is that true or false?

i understand the symbols and the meaning of the statements but i want to know the answer is only true or false or i have to give counter example to express it completely

annie said:
i want to know the answer is only true or false or i have to give counter example to express it completely

If the statement is true then say so.
If it is false then give a counter-example.

Plato said:
For example: the statement in a) says "for any integer \(\displaystyle n\), there is some integer \(\displaystyle m\) such that \(\displaystyle n^2<m\).
You'll have to think about the meaning of these statements; there is no way around it. For example, for $n=5$, can you find an integer $m$ such that $n^2=25<m$? What about for $n=0$, $n=-5$ and every other integer $n$?

Related to Tips for Creating an Effective Resume

1. What information should be included in a resume?

A resume should include your contact information, a professional summary or objective, work experience, education, skills, and any relevant certifications or achievements.

2. Should I tailor my resume for each job application?

Yes, it is important to tailor your resume for each job application. This means highlighting the skills and experiences that are most relevant to the specific job you are applying for.

3. How long should my resume be?

The general rule is that a resume should be no longer than one to two pages. However, this may vary depending on your level of experience and the job you are applying for.

4. Should I include references on my resume?

No, it is not necessary to include references on your resume. Instead, have a separate document with your references that you can provide when asked.

5. How can I make my resume stand out?

To make your resume stand out, use clear and concise language, highlight your accomplishments and skills, and use a clean and professional format. Also, make sure to proofread for any errors before submitting.