Tom Bosley, Mr. C on Happy Days, Dies at 83

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, beloved actor Tom Bosley, known for his role as Mr. C on Happy Days and his stable demeanor, has passed away at the age of 83 after battling lung cancer. He died of heart failure at his home in Palm Springs, Calif. Tom's long life was admired by many, including a younger lady who walked with him every day and his own son who praises his strong work ethic. Tom's character on Happy Days was a beloved father figure for many, representing a rational and often exasperated parent dealing with societal change. He will be remembered for his clean and quiet style and his memorable voice-overs for ads. May he rest in peace.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Tom Bosley, who played the gruff but lovable Mr. C on Happy Days, and whose stable demeanor made him one of TV's ultimate father figures, has died. He was 83.

Bosley had been battling lung cancer but died of heart failure at his home in Palm Springs, Calif., early Tuesday.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Tom-Bosley-Dies-1024514.aspx

At least he lived a long life.

Physics news on Phys.org
Long? My father is 84 and he walks 3-4 miles every day and can out-work most young pups. There is a "younger" lady that meets up with him every day to walk with him, and he has to steady her (his explanation) by holding her hand because he says she's not as steady on her feet as she once was. If I asked him to come help me split my firewood, he'd be here in a heartbeat, and would stay all day.

BTW, I loved Bosley's character on Happy Days. A rational, often exasperated father dealing with societal change. I didn't have a father like that. My father was a product of the great depression, and he was very stern and intolerant of change. I love him, but we didn't live in that fantasy world.

RIP, Tom. I liked his clean and quiet style.

Astronuc said:
RIP, Tom. I liked his clean and quiet style.
Interestingly, I often picked up on his voice-overs for ads. I can understand why I'd pick up on Sam Elliot and Gene Hackman, but I registered Bosley just as easily.

Heh...I remember as a kid thinking Tom Bosley was one in the same with Bosley on Charlie's Angels (somehow they looked alike to me). I also thought he owned the Glad bags company.

Requiescat in Pacem Tom Bosley.

I thought of a Fonzi joke to add to this, but I guess it would be kind of inappropriate.

i will always remember Tom for his SMC ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttix2Ks4JsM

oh, and David the Gnome

Related to Tom Bosley, Mr. C on Happy Days, Dies at 83

1. Who was Tom Bosley?

Tom Bosley was an American actor best known for his role as Mr. Cunningham on the television series Happy Days.

2. When did Tom Bosley die?

Tom Bosley passed away on October 19, 2010 at the age of 83.

3. What was Tom Bosley's cause of death?

Tom Bosley died from complications of lung cancer.

4. How long did Tom Bosley play Mr. Cunningham on Happy Days?

Tom Bosley portrayed the character of Mr. Cunningham for 11 seasons, from 1974 to 1984.

5. What other roles did Tom Bosley play?

In addition to Happy Days, Tom Bosley also had notable roles in shows such as Murder, She Wrote and The Father Dowling Mysteries, as well as in films like Yours, Mine and Ours and The World of Henry Orient.