Transmultiplexers block diagram TDM

In summary, the conversation discusses two tasks in transmultiplexing - converting two CEPT into one super group and converting two supergroups into any standard group in TDM systems. The first task is easily solved, but the second task is more challenging and the speaker asks for help or references. They also agree to share their solution the next day.
Eng_Electro

Homework Statement

Hi

I had a simple task at school :

Construct a transmultiplexer for converting two CEPT into one super group

It was easy for me ,, the answer is :

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/6150/transmultiplexerswl3.jpg

But there is another problem i couldn't solve ,, This is it :

Construct a transmultiplexer to convert 2 supergroups into any standard group in TDM systems

Thanks ALOT .

Homework Equations

There are no equations

The Attempt at a Solution

well, i have done it with a similar approach to the first problem ,, but ,, i know i am wrong ,,, I know it is not as easy as the system above .. Can anyone help me with this or can guide me to a reference or example which can help me with this design

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Can I see your solution to the second problem. thanks

Ok ,, I will draw the block on paint program ,, it will be available tommorrow morning

Thanks

Related to Transmultiplexers block diagram TDM

What is a Transmultiplexer?

A Transmultiplexer, or TDM, is a device used in telecommunications to combine multiple low-speed signals into a single high-speed signal for transmission over a shared medium. It is often used in digital communication systems to increase bandwidth efficiency.

How does a Transmultiplexer work?

In a Transmultiplexer, the low-speed signals are first sampled and then time-division multiplexed onto a single high-speed signal. At the receiving end, the high-speed signal is demultiplexed back into the original low-speed signals. This process is controlled by a clock signal to ensure proper synchronization.

What is the purpose of a TDM block diagram?

A TDM block diagram is a visual representation of the components and connections involved in the operation of a Transmultiplexer. It helps to illustrate the signal flow and processing steps involved in the time-division multiplexing process.

What are the main components of a TDM block diagram?

The main components of a TDM block diagram include multiple low-speed input signals, a sampling circuit, a multiplexer, a high-speed output signal, a clock signal, and a demultiplexer. Additional components may be included depending on the specific design and application of the Transmultiplexer.

What are some common applications of TDM?

TDM is commonly used in digital communication systems, such as telephone networks, to transmit multiple voice or data signals over a single channel. It is also used in video and audio broadcasting, satellite communication, and digital subscriber line (DSL) services.