Typing 'Howdy Folks' has made me realize how uncreative I am.

• Thread starter crudux_cruo
  • Start date
In summary, typing "Howdy Folks" has made me realize my lack of creativity.
crudux_cruo
How did you find PF?
Multiple random google searches
I'm normally more of a lurker, but I guess I felt possessed to make an account and post on here. I guess I'll ramble on about myself and my academic interests for a bit.

I'm 26, graduated high school being pretty bad at maths but ended up really liking it (still bad at it) after learning everything up to Multivariable Calc by myself. I was very poor growing up, so I never thought to make any college plans after graduating. Ended up traveling the country (I'm an American) and doing different jobs. Did carpentry, was a truck driver for a bit, some other stuff. Wasn't very satisfied with any of it though, and I'd rather be poor than miserable.

A few years ago I tried college but one semester in and there were some life changes, so it wasn't feasible. My goal at that point was to study maths and let everything else fall into place, but that was pretty naive of me considering how terrible at proofs I am.

I'm enrolled this fall at a different school to work on a bachelors in mechanical engineering, and hopefully get a better understanding of what my path is. I'm currently spending most of my time studying, since I fall behind if I am not ahead. I am hoping that my efforts pay off and college is an opportunity to refine and correct things, instead of a scramble to understand. I may not be totally successful, but I enjoy learning so nothing is wasted either way.

This is turning into a poorly written novel, so I am going to end things there. I look forward to learning from you folks, and maybe even making a friend or two.

Likes Lnewqban, hutchphd and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. It's good to have you here. :smile:

Likes crudux_cruo