Understanding Fuel Hose Markings: What Does "NOH-F" Mean?

• Thread starter YoshiMoshi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fuel Hose
YoshiMoshi
TL;DR Summary
What does "NOH-F" marking mean on fuel hose?
Ok the fuel hoses on my car, I see "NOH-F" written on them, along with some numbers. Just googling fuel hose, it seems "NOH-F" is on most fuel hoses. But what does it mean? I tried to search Google for an answer, but nothing.
IMG_20231119_104016657.jpg

I hope somebody ok here can tell me the meaning, if it's some sort of specification or something?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Fuel hoses are usually made from NBR (nitrile butadiene rubber), which is oil resistant.

-F; probably means the hose is rated for fuel, electrically conductive, to prevent fire started by static electricity discharge.

"NOH" is not a standard code or abreviation. You will probably need to find the "TAS", "IAS" or "IHS", manufacturer's website to identify the product line or meaning. Nitrile Oil Hose ?

Likes Lnewqban
That hose should have a marking showing SAE 30 followed by some numbers as well.

Likes florida23
Believe the numbers indicate when the hose will start to bend? Not sure on the unit of measurement though....

florida23 said:
Believe the numbers indicate when the hose will start to bend? Not sure on the unit of measurement though....
You mean like the bend radius?

After spending too much time, here is what turned up:

Used for plumbing an oil cooler or a transmission cooler (thus high temperature & pressure)

NOH-F probably an industry rating for hose material & chemical/temperature resistance

3402 eiher a manufacturerers style/class number OR a subset of the NOH-F

Gates Rubber site shows similiar for oil/transmission cooler plumbing
https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-p...ion-oil-cooler-hose.p.3289-000000-000001.html

(found with Google searches for:
noh-f 3402 hose
noh-f "3402" hose)

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Tom

The internal diameter of hoses, and hose fittings, are specified in multiples of 1/16".
A 1" hose will be -16. A 1/2" hose will be -08. A 1/4" hose will be -02.
If that hose is a 1/4" hose, then the -02 probably specifies internal diameter.
The 34 then, is then probably the construction style of the hose, from that manufacturer.