Update Email Address: Avoiding Embarrassment & Requesting Smiley

• Thread starter TumblingDice
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker experienced some odd behavior with their email address not displaying correctly on their contact-details page. They refreshed the page and entered their email address, which resolved the issue. They also made a suggestion for an "egg on my face" smiley.
TumblingDice
Gold Member
Posting this in case it's related to the email bounces being reported. I'd rather have egg on my face than not speak up...

I went to my contact-details page, and was pleased to see my correct email address display as the page was loading content. And then my screen name appeared where my email address was/should be. I refreshed the page to check 'sup? Again, my email address displayed, only to be replaced with my screen name at the end of the page load.

I entered my email address and Saved Changes. The odd behavior no longer occurs - email address always displays now and stays that way.

BTW, any possibility for an "egg on my face" smiley - maybe one or both eyes sunny side up? Asking in advance. Closest I see iso_O

Physics news on Phys.org
TumblingDice said:
BTW, any possibility for an "egg on my face" smiley - maybe one or both eyes sunny side up? Asking in advance. Closest I see iso_O

o:)o:)o:)o:)o:)o:)o:)o:)o:)o:)o:)

Likes adjacent

1. How can I change my email address to avoid embarrassment?

To change your email address and avoid potential embarrassment, you can follow these steps:

• Login to your email account.
  • Go to the settings or account management section.
  • Look for the option to change your email address.
  • Enter your new email address and save the changes.
  • Make sure to update your new email address with any important contacts or subscriptions.

2. Why is it important to update my email address?

Updating your email address is important because it helps you stay connected with important contacts and ensures that you receive important emails and notifications. It also prevents potential embarrassment in case your old email address is no longer valid or accessible.

3. How can I request a smiley face when updating my email address?

When updating your email address, you can simply include a polite request for a smiley face in your email or message. For example, you can say something like "I hope you can update my email address with a smiley face :)" or "Could you please add a smiley face when updating my email address? :)"

4. Can I update my email address without losing my old emails?

Yes, you can update your email address without losing your old emails. Most email providers have an option to forward emails from your old address to your new one. You can also download and save important emails before updating your address.

5. What should I do if my request for a smiley face is denied?

If your request for a smiley face when updating your email address is denied, you can simply thank the person for their assistance and carry on with the update. While it may be disappointing, it is important to be understanding and grateful for their help. Plus, the most important thing is to have your email address updated, not the smiley face.