Voids, dark energy and tidal forces...?

Suekdccia
TL;DR Summary
Voids, dark energy and tidal forces...?
I would like to ask you some questions I have about some interesting work I was reading (https://arxiv.org/abs/1205.4238 & https://academic.oup.com/mnras/article/527/4/11962/7457744) where the authors analysed the effects of dark energy in the shape and evolution of voids

Apparently, they established a relation between dark energy, voids' ellipticity and tidal forces. I have a question about this, since it was not entirely clear to me:

Does it mean that dark energy (or the accelerated expansion of the universe) contributes to increase the ellipticity of voids? Then, does dark energy increase the tidal forces of the void (so that a greater dark energy density in the universe would result in more intense tidal forces in the void)?

Related to Voids, dark energy and tidal forces...?

1. What are voids in the universe?

Voids are vast regions of space that contain very few or no galaxies. They are essentially empty spaces between galaxy clusters and superclusters.

2. What is dark energy and how does it affect the universe?

Dark energy is a mysterious force that is causing the expansion of the universe to accelerate. It makes up about 68% of the total energy content of the universe and its presence is inferred from the observed large-scale structure of the cosmos.

3. What are tidal forces and how do they impact celestial objects?

Tidal forces are gravitational forces that arise due to the unequal gravitational pull on different parts of an object. They can cause stretching and squeezing of celestial objects, such as stars, planets, and moons, leading to phenomena like tidal heating and tidal locking.

4. How do voids, dark energy, and tidal forces relate to each other?

Voids are affected by the presence of dark energy, which influences the overall expansion of the universe and the distribution of matter within it. Tidal forces can also play a role in shaping the structures of voids and impacting the motion of objects within them.

5. What are the implications of studying voids, dark energy, and tidal forces for our understanding of the universe?

Studying voids, dark energy, and tidal forces can provide valuable insights into the fundamental properties of the universe, such as its expansion rate, matter distribution, and the interactions between celestial objects. This research can help us better understand the nature of the cosmos and its evolution over time.