Was there a 'birth of gravity'?

• Thread starter Rymer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gravity
In summary, it is believed that gravity was in action early on in the history of the universe, but it was extremely weak compared to other forces. Without gravity, the hot big bang model would not work well.
matt.o said:
So you are claiming that the extra mass component is made up of baryonic material like black holes and other massive compact phenomena? You'll need to reconcile these claims with primordial nucleosynthesis which predict there is not enough matter for this to occur.

I'm not talking about any 'extra mass component' -- I'm saying there isn't one.

Do what does a 'primordial nucleosynthesis' mass prediction have to do with it? And what is the prediction?

Space news on Phys.org
Rymer said:

So, e.g., in the Bullet cluster, the masses inferred for each sub-component from the weak and strong lensing analysis is composed of what?

matt.o said:
So, e.g., in the Bullet cluster, the masses inferred for each sub-component from the weak and strong lensing analysis is composed of what?

Something with 'gravity'. Which could be anything -- including baryonic matter.

My model predicts that only something with QED components that have photon spectrum that includes pair production (baryons) -- can produce a gravitational field. Other objects can be effected by gravity -- but not produce it. Do you have other candidates than baryons?

Also the measurement of the expansion velocity is very convincing that there is no gravitational field opposing the expansion of the universe as far as we can 'see' -- maximum redshift for this around 8. This would seem to be an likely indication that gravity has little or nothing to do with the cosmological scale of effects even back to the big bang. The possible area of exception is symmetry -- but that might be due to any 'collection' of forces.

Rymer said:
For gravity to be modeled as due to a particle-like exchange it must be a massless one -- like some 'kind' of photon. Nearly identical to the QED model. The distance reference used in co-moving space in this model and datafits was calculated very simply based on a photon-photon interaction at pair production energy. Speculating these photons were part of the QED exchange. There interaction makes a net 'loss' as pair are created and the exchange broken -- a net attraction results -- gravity. This loss is apparently some 10^-40 of the QED spectrum.
No, gravity isn't nearly identical, at least as far as forces are concerned. It's mediated by a spin-2 massless particle, whereas a photon is a spin-1 massless particle. And I have no idea what you are talking about with this "loss", or how it could possibly result in a net attraction.

Rymer said:
The reason this model supports this is that the derived distance reference is 17.0331 billion light-years and fits very well with the value needed to properly scale the Hubble relation in the co-moving arc.
You'll need to do better than that.

Rymer said:
Hummm ... so what? The supermassive objects near the center of each cluster are not going to be effected much -- they will continue on -- just like the located matter did.
presumably the same would occur for other such objects not located as centrally.
Yes, but they only comprise a minuscule fraction of the total mass of the cluster, and are thus irrelevant.

Rymer said:
All this 'collison' did was to strip off the lighter components of each cluster -- that in no ways identifies what the more massive components are. Normal baryonic matter -- supermassive -- would behave the same.
No, it stripped off the most massive components of the clusters, as far as baryonic matter is concerned.

Rymer said:
2. I don't see how this complaint follows. I entirely agree with the distribution you state.
With most of the stars concentrated in the center, the shape of the distribution of stars hardly matters at all. That's my point.

Rymer said:
Really -- and just HOW do you tell? There are an extremely few number of what look like 'spheres' -- most are prolate -- some oblate -- and of course the 'cylindrical' spirals, etc.
Gravitational lensing. And spheroidal includes prolate and oblate galaxies, by the way.

Rymer said:
My look at this indicates that a common 'base shape' might be more cylindrical-like.
Where's your evidence? Put up or shut up.

Rymer said:
And we're saying that you have to reconcile this with CMB observations, which show dark matter in action before any compact objects formed. If you are unaware of this, then you have clearly failed point (1) of the alternative science respectibility checklist.

One place to start reading up on the CMB would be Max Tegmark's website:
http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/

Chalnoth said:
And we're saying that you have to reconcile this with CMB observations, which show dark matter in action before any compact objects formed. If you are unaware of this, then you have clearly failed point (1) of the alternative science respectibility checklist.

One place to start reading up on the CMB would be Max Tegmark's website:
http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/

I do NOT accept your checklist -- its based on a biased model -- a 'rigged game'.

First YOU explain WHY I get a straight line using simple geometry and a Doppler redshift relation. That is in your face DATA. This is NOT a big bang replacement it is 'big bang' -- without the distortions used with General Relativity.

YOUR scramble to protect a dying dinosaur of a gravity model is pathetic.

Rymer said:
I do NOT accept your checklist -- its based on a biased model -- a 'rigged game'.

First YOU explain WHY I get a straight line using simple geometry and a Doppler redshift relation. That is in your face DATA. This is NOT a big bang replacement it is 'big bang' -- without the distortions used with General Relativity.

YOUR scramble to protect a dying dinosaur of a gravity model is pathetic.
The CMB data in question has nothing to do with that. And by the way, I'd like to see a chi square analysis of this straight line versus the standard cosmological model.

Rymer said:
That is what makes it 'crackpot' -- you should NOT be able to derive the age of the universe from constants like the Planck constant, the speed of light, the gravitational constant, mass of electron and average nucleon mass. But it does. Yes total crackpot.

That is why I'm asking for flaws -- wanting them -- this can't be right.

You've submitted this, including the attachment of the quoted post, to the independent research forum. Since it's clearly a personal theory, it is not suitable to be discussed in the main forums. You may only discuss your theory in the independent research forum.