What are some applications of turboshaft engines in aerospace engineering?

In summary, turboshaft engines are widely used in aerospace engineering for various applications such as powering helicopters, small aircraft, and auxiliary power units. They are also used in turboprop aircraft for their high power-to-weight ratio and efficiency. In military aircraft, turboshaft engines are used for vertical take-off and landing capabilities. Additionally, turboshaft engines are utilized in unmanned aerial vehicles and unmanned combat aerial vehicles for their compact size and reliability. They are also commonly used in emergency power generators and marine propulsion systems. Overall, turboshaft engines play a crucial role in the aerospace industry for their versatility, power, and efficiency.
Aerodave
Hello everyone,

My name is Davey and I am studying aerospace engineering at Coventry University in England. I adore physics in all forms but my true passion is aerospace (obviously) and more specifically, powerplants and their applications.

Anyway, I joined really, to answer someones question about an application of a turboshaft engine. I will happily contribute where I can.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Aerodave :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Welcome to PF Davey!

Thanks Greg!